Best Sniper Reticule Out There?

Started by Helios, October 26, 2012, 06:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was wondering if someone could give me a couple links to the best Sniper Reticules because 1. I want an awesome Reticules to use in game. 2. I want an idea of what people like so that I could improve on my Reticule making.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Unit 33, oh wait, Regent's reticules are all pretty awesome! Very Star Wars feel to it, which is what I love!! :wub:
Here ya go!  ;)

No link bro.

The best reticules I know of are not publicly released anywhere. However there are some here you might like to try
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;cat=23

Quote from: Phobos on October 26, 2012, 06:44:24 PM
The best reticules I know of are not publicly released anywhere. However there are some here you might like to try
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;cat=23
Why so? Do they belong to clans and only allow clan members to use it or were they just lost before finding this website?

Quote from: 501stComSharpshot on October 26, 2012, 06:56:10 PM
Why so? Do they belong to clans and only allow clan members to use it or were they just lost before finding this website?
I don't think answering that question would help you understand what I'm saying so forget it.

Lol I'm pretty sure that what Phobos means is that the best Reticlue is not released the person that made it just kept it didn't post it anywhere.

Quote from: {Recruit}FrenchFry on October 27, 2012, 04:11:49 AM
Lol I'm pretty sure that what Phobos means is that the best Reticlue is not released the person that made it just kept it didn't post it anywhere.
Right, because if you posted the best mod in the world on a public website, where EVERYONE in the game would download it... It wouldn't be very cool anymore, and everyone would have the advantage, thus making it useless.

October 27, 2012, 08:35:57 PM #9 Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 08:38:04 PM by Phobos
Quote from: RepublicCommando on October 27, 2012, 08:20:53 PM
Right, because if you posted the best mod in the world on a public website, where EVERYONE in the game would download it... It wouldn't be very cool anymore, and everyone would have the advantage, thus making it useless.
That's one of the reasons and a good one indeed.

Quote from: {Recruit}FrenchFry on October 27, 2012, 04:11:49 AM
The best from my perspective. Since 'best' is a subjective term  here, someone could basically define any crosshair they wanted as being the best.

If you truly want your crosshairs to be the best they can its good to learn everything you can about gimp (or whatever program you use) and experiment with various ideas you have in game to see what works best. Most people aren't going to hand out their best crosshair mods to anyone who wants them, even if that person releases a lot of crosshairs publicly.

Original one is the best reticule
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: Anyder on October 28, 2012, 02:38:44 PM
Original one is the best reticule
Agreed. Although just a simple dot in the middle helps most people I stick to the original because then I know that my score is based on the same conditions as someone who is new to the game and not because I've changed my game to be better.
I'm not having a go at people who mod crosshairs, just saying why I think the original is best. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

The best crosshair is no crosshairs at all. Mod the TGAs to make each reticule invisible. Now you will have to aim just by "knowing" where the shots go  :XD:

I think the rifle reticule is the best one for all purposes (except shotguns. Has a dot in the center, perfectly circular. very nice.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)