REQUEST: Assets?? ( did he just say that?! )

Started by Kit Fisto, August 17, 2012, 02:05:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So for my 157th topic in the request board, ( no lie check my stats ) I am going to request not a map, not a mod, but assets!  :ohmy: I need these for my W.I.P. rebel skin mod ( http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=5094.msg48862;topicseen#new ) They are:

1. SWBF2 Rebel Tantive IV trooper .tga with new MSH files for SWBF1 compatibility

2. SWBF2 Rebel Vanguard trooper .tga with new MSH files for SWBF1 compatibility

3. SWBF2 Rebel Bothan Spy .tga with new MSH files for SWBF1 compatibility

4. SWBF2 Rebel Engineer trooper .tga with new MSH files for SWBF1 compatibility

So ya! I would appreciate if someone could upload it or give me a link, or better yet attach it to a post!
To Advanced modders: is that all I need to make those troopers work in swbf1 for what I'm trying to do? http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=5094.msg48862;topicseen#new

These can be found in the SWBF2 assets in the BF2 modtools. And these msh files you just mentioned are all compatible with bf1.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Quote from: jdee-barc on August 17, 2012, 02:35:34 PM
These can be found in the SWBF2 assets in the BF2 modtools. And these msh files you just mentioned are all compatible with bf1.
Oh! Well I was trying not to download a huge file so could you or someone else attach just the ones I need to a post? Cause my computer is doing bad with big downloads... :(

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on August 17, 2012, 02:44:24 PM
Oh! Well I was trying not to download a huge file so could you or someone else attach just the ones I need to a post? Cause my computer is doing bad with big downloads... :(

To be quite honest, I use to think that downloading that whole thing wasn't worth it, but it will come in handy for future projects that you may have. I strongly suggest trying to download it.

It is probably worth noting that it comes in EXE format...

I was trying to remember if it was when I tried to download it before. Well regent has given me some links to things that open exe's so I'll get back to you guys on if it worked. And my only "projects" I can really do are skins so...  :shrug:
I think it comes down to this, once I get the files I need I'm gonna end up just asking someone to munge it, so how about skip a step and just go straight to the munging. So ya.
Does anyone want to munge the skins for me using the new MSH files and .tga's?

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=5094.0 see the post with the most recent skin choices. So can anyone do this for me? SleepKiller? Jdee? Sha-zam? Regent? Buckler? Anyone else who already has the assets I'm talking about?  :mushy:

No offence to you, but when someone else finds the assets, downloads them, puts them into the Side builder, munges, then downloads onto here, that doesn't exactly make it "your" mod... Keep in mind that all it takes is a little effort into finding the assets, testing them in the MSH Viewer, then PMing someone to munge, for it to be "yours".  Hate to be this way, but when someone asks for assets, it's because they can't find them, not because they can't or won't download them.

It had to be said at some point... Sorry if it came across a little harsh, but this will help you become a better modder.

What you need to do fisto is study how to use Wine work out how to use it properly. The mungers aren't the most complex applications in the world Wine can probably run them, then once you have them working you could even make a large scale mod. Heaps of possibilities would be opened to you once you have it worked out. Just spend time reading up about and keep trying till you get it working. I can't help you with the Wine part but once you have it running a Windows exe I can help you configure the mungers properly.

Ok. I've downloaded the alliance side folder from the downloads section of this site. Now I just want to know what to include/ rename to make it work. I hope people still want to help me with this, I guess I've angered everyone. I just want to mod, the little I can on my mac...  :'(

And Sk, For some reason the Wine thing didn't work for me. Idk why.

To anyone, is me asking for something to be munged super annoying?

What kind of mac do you have? What OS, what variant?
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Quote from: jdee-barc on August 17, 2012, 07:04:59 PM
What kind of mac do you have? What OS, what variant?
Quote from: {212}Mart on August 17, 2012, 07:06:59 PM
What is mungning? :cheers:
Lol, I don't know if you are asking me but I'm still a noob at modding, Munging is the process of taking all the data and other stuff and making it into something playable. Something like that. Just look at the billions of tutorials on the tutorials board! Good Luck! and May the Force Be With You...

August 18, 2012, 05:40:59 AM #13 Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 07:37:56 AM by ✫Şђã·Żäм✫
Quote from: {212}Mart on August 17, 2012, 07:06:59 PM
What is mungning? :cheers:
To simplify it, munging is the process of taking all of the data from several files and combining them into one that can be used. For example: In side.lvl modifications, You can edit ODFs (Object Definition Files) which allow you to make changes to various things to the playable factions, non-playable AI, the game's vehicles, and several other things. In side.lvl modding, you can also change the way those things look to you by MSH (mesh) or TGA (targa) editing.

Here's where munging comes into play: the game's .exe can only read from the side.lvls (imp, all, cis, rep) , not the individual files that you can edit and change. So, when you munge you are compresing all of the ODF, TGA, MSH, and all sorts of other files into one .lvl file that the game can read and use.

Hope that helped. I got bored and wanted to see how complex I could make your question. :)

Quote from: ✫Şђã·Żäм✫ on August 18, 2012, 05:40:59 AM
To simplify it, munging is the process of taking all of the data from several files and combining them into one that can be used. For example: In side.lvl modifications, You can edit ODFs (Open Document Format files)
Ah the correct meaning of the extension is Object Definition File.  :graduated: