Question if Anyone cares

Started by Are§, August 11, 2012, 08:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
if i copy my LucasArts folder onto a flash drive and then put it in the programs folder of my laptop (which doesn't have a disk drive) and then i also used a disk-less launcher (which i use anyways), would the game be able to work on that laptop?

Thanks

I think it also looks for a registry entry with your game code in it.  You can find your game code registry entry by running regedit and search several times for LucasArts.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

This will work just make sure you run this .reg file which will trick your PC into thinking SWBF1 was installed and let you run it.
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront]
@=""
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\1.0]
"CD Key"=""

August 13, 2012, 01:46:12 PM #4 Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 01:51:44 PM by Are§
Quote from: Phobos on August 12, 2012, 12:54:36 AM
This will work just make sure you run this .reg file which will trick your PC into thinking SWBF1 was installed and let you run it.
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront]
@=""
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\1.0]
"CD Key"=""

wait where is this file? or do i run this code in cmd? or is it the reg file "doc" in the install folder

Quote from: Are§ on August 13, 2012, 01:46:12 PM
wait where is this file? or do i run this code in cmd?
This is the file. post the code in notepad and save as a .reg file then double click and it will make ur PC think swbf is installed.

Quote from: Phobos on August 13, 2012, 01:49:52 PM
This is the file. post the code in notepad and save as a .reg file then double click and it will make ur PC think swbf is installed.

ohhh ok thanks