Request for a script

Started by jdee-barc, July 30, 2012, 01:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
July 30, 2012, 01:17:10 PM Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 01:19:39 PM by jdee-barc
I'm looking for the shell.lvl script "ifs_missionselect" in its unmunged form.

A very old swbfgamers post from Radical_Pi states that there can be three eras in an addon map. lets say the addon map is id'd as mod1
1. CW era (mod1c or mod1r)
2. GCW era (mod1i or mod1a)
3. mod1_add

This third thing with _add at the end of it can be uncovered by double clicking the map you want to play, and when the era choosing prompt pops up, either click in the empty space above Clone Wars Era or the empty space below Galactic Civil War era approx. FOUR TIMES. And in the playlist a lua script name followed with _add at the bottom should show up, ie. bes1_add.

Proof-of-existence

If anyone has an unmunged version of the scriptd ifs_missionselect from shell.lvl could you send it my way, please? I'd like to be able to have a button for this 3rd "era" to test it out.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Isn`t it from battlefront 1.5? [spoiler][/spoiler]

Its a different script then from what I used in Battlefront 1.5
Current Projects:

whats the difference between ifs_missionselect.lua and missionlist.lua? (the missionlist script I have is not the right one)
I very much want both of these, I have some interesting ideas (the third era idea is definitely one of them). I don't think anyone knows how to demunge LUA scripts yet so our options for obtaining this are quite limited.

There are two available from SWBF2.  Maybe they can be re-worked to go back to SWBF ?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Buckler on July 30, 2012, 04:58:00 PM
There are two available from SWBF2.  Maybe they can be re-worked to go back to SWBF ?
Tried it and failed. The scripts appear to have been heavily updated if not completely rewritten to support items such as Gamemodes, adjusting map settings etc. Unless anyone knows a real LUA programmer who will do it for free I don't think your getting those scripts to work in SWBF1. And also after studying the munged one the scripts do look very differant. It would probably be easier to rewrite it from scratch but it is a very hard core script. Not the simple editing we are all used to, this is real LUA programming written by professionals.

EDIT: And just so we are clear I am not trying to discourage anyone from attempting, go ahead and good luck with it. I am just stating the facts.

Help us Psyc0fred, you are our only hope...Help us... ;)

Quote from: Buckler on July 30, 2012, 05:05:39 PM
Help us Psyc0fred, you are our only hope...Help us... ;)
Pretty much, though we should all bear in mind he is probably under NDA not to release those scripts. We are lucky we have what we have.

Quote from: Phobos on July 30, 2012, 04:01:04 PM
whats the difference between ifs_missionselect.lua and missionlist.lua? (the missionlist script I have is not the right one)
I very much want both of these, I have some interesting ideas (the third era idea is definitely one of them). I don't think anyone knows how to demunge LUA scripts yet so our options for obtaining this are quite limited.

ifs_Missionselect is the script that sets up the layout of the map selection screen. I think the "ifs" prefix at the front stand for interface. There's a BF2 ifs_missionselect available in the bf2 modtools but it doesn't work properly when injected into BF1 via the addme.script in an addon folder. I'll say that you can pretty much put any edited lua from shell.lvl or common.lvl, and it will bypass the stock, premunged one.

Missionlist defines the map "missions", how many there are by default. It's basically a large addme.script for the stock maps, although its different from an addon map's addme script. I think there's a copy of missionlist floating around this site and Gametoast.

Quote from: SleepKiller on July 30, 2012, 05:07:52 PM
Pretty much, though we should all bear in mind he is probably under NDA not to release those scripts. We are lucky we have what we have.
Wait...didn't you get the pausemenu script from fred or am I thinking of something else?
Current Projects:

Quote from: jdee-barc on July 30, 2012, 05:46:30 PM
Wait...didn't you get the pausemenu script from fred or am I thinking of something else?

I don't think we can either confirm or deny that possibility :)

Bamdur just showed up with the pause script. He never said publicly how he got it. (Although privately to a certain member who isn't me who may have told me, he may have said how he got it.)

July 30, 2012, 06:18:29 PM #11 Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 06:36:41 PM by Buckler
J-dee,

I've played with various shell.lvl files.  You can play SWBF 1.0 with the 1.2 shell.  It's a bit different, but works ok.

I have also copied over my SWBF shell with the SWBF2 shell.lvl file.  The game does not crash, although it all i see is a mouse pointer from SWBF and no text or anything.

So, my question is this:  could we try to edit and compile SWBF2 shell.lvl using LUA 5.0 and SWBF2 mod tools until we get some functionality for us with SWBF?  If I am thinking of it correctly, since the shell.lvl is a compiled lvl file, if the inputs and outputs are set up correctly it should feed SWBF the right stuff (maybe). dunno :shrug:

Lastly, the dedicated server shell.lvl from SWBF works for the game and its only 1.2 KB in size.  If decompiling is possible, that it what I would look into...