The Imperial Legions (Taking Ideas.)

Started by Unit 33, June 30, 2012, 06:03:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Thanks for posting... I didn't know how to attach my TGAs to the post I already posted.

Tell me what you think of these two, please. I'd be happy to make more of those... they aren't hard at all. I will make different colored versions if you like them.

Please tell me whether you like the camo with different colors or the plain scout with the armour edited different colors.

Yeah those are good. You do it.
It also involves HEX editing to allow for multiple of the same model using different skins; and I'm too lazy to engage in HEX edits.

July 02, 2012, 03:54:22 PM #32 Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 03:57:49 PM by ✫Şђã·Żäм✫
I have never Hex-Edited before... I'd love to learn, though.

Could I just make the skins and send them your way? Is it possible to just rename the tga images to whatever the ODF needs to read to show up in-game as your skin?

I.E.: Name the edited yellow/orange version of the scout imp_inf_pilot (or whatever the tgas name is) even though its the same image, just colored different and named differently.

its something i call hex duping and you basically just copy the msh, then hex edit to call on different tgas (rename one or more character for each tga name) this lets you use the same model design with different skins.

July 03, 2012, 06:42:51 AM #34 Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 07:30:26 AM by Unit 33
All of the assets are completed... Anyone fancy doing the legion script treatment if I upload the assets?

Otherwise I'll start munging each legion as a separate OC mod (of which there are nine. Yes Nine)!

Here's 2 sample pictures attached below. There's lots more but I'll upload it all later...

July 03, 2012, 07:53:59 AM #35 Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 08:38:25 AM by ✫Şђã·Żäм✫
Oh my! I better get my end done today! I was under the impression this would take us a good week. (Guess not) That's awesome, Unit! I will be done with mine today at some point, I will upload them all here in one .zip file.  :happy:

EDIT: Sometime today I would greatly appreciate it if you could xfire me all of the skins so I can test them. I am curious on the quality of them since you completed them very quickly. (I'm sure they're great, I just want to make sure they don't do anything weird in-game.)

I can send mine to you, once they're done, if you want to see all of mine before putting them in the skin changer. They should be alright, but you never know for sure.
--
Unit, you should change the name of this topic to "Empire Skin Changer", since you aren't really taking ideas right now.
--

Yellow Camo Trooper - DONE
Blue Camo Trooper - DONE
Red Camo Trooper - DONE
Green Camo - DONE
Black/White Camo - DONE

Red Armored Scout - DONE
Blue Armored Scout - DONE
Yellow Armored Scout - DONE
Green Scout - DONE

TGAs all made.

As you know I did a 212th IMP legion which you were greatly involved in. You can use that for the 212th or, since yours is probably better quality (  :'( ) you could do both! Like 212th first division then 212th second division! What do ya think?

Quote from: kitfisto15678 on July 03, 2012, 08:19:26 AM
As you know I did a 212th IMP legion which you were greatly involved in. You can use that for the 212th or, since yours is probably better quality (  :'( ) you could do both! Like 212th first division then 212th second division! What do ya think?

Yeah I've done the Imperial 212 already.
Imperial Legions
35th Legion (Yellow Markings) DONE
212nd (Orange Markings) DONE
501st (Blue Markings) DONE
333rd Shadow Troopers (Black with Yellow Markings) DONE
Sand Troopers (Worn Armour) DONE
Shock Troopers (Red Markings) DONE
33rd Shadow Troopers (Black) DONE

I know. But what I'm saying is use yours AND mine... :)

July 03, 2012, 08:41:52 AM #39 Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 08:47:03 AM by ✫Şђã·Żäм✫
We have an awful lot of skins here. I think one is enough, thanks for the offer.

I finished all the TGAs, I will attach them below.

Do you want me to make a lvl file for both of these? Or are the TGAs fine?
--
Now all we need is to make a skin changer...any takers. :P

July 03, 2012, 09:18:51 AM #40 Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 09:21:14 AM by Phobos
It looks cool so far, sorry I can't help bcuz a certain spanish person has prevented me from developing any more public skin changers.  :(

When you do this, as an option make sure to do "stock" cuz sk's clone legion changer doesn't have that. Also please do NOT change effects like sk did because his effects overloads my computer.  Other than those 2 things I can't wait!! :tu:

As far as I know, we will not be changing anything other than the skins. I don't think we were planning on adding stock, but we might be able to.

Quote from: ✫Şђã·Żäм✫ on July 03, 2012, 10:38:16 AM
As far as I know, we will not be changing anything other than the skins. I don't think we were planning on adding stock, but we might be able to.

Yeah I planned for it, I'm including the "Vanilla" assets in the upload.

July 03, 2012, 11:28:22 AM #44 Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 11:52:22 AM by ✫Şђã·Żäм✫
I may have found someone to make the skin changer for us. Unit, please log onto xfire at your nearest convenience.
--
I can't test these until later. I will see if I can do it today.