Anyone knowC (not + or ++) Programmer?

Started by tirpider, April 28, 2012, 01:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I know this isn't explicitly SWBF related, but will enhance part of the model modding process.

I have found a sourceforge project that will create triangle strips out of a list of indexed triangles.

This is exactly one of the things holding back my model editing.

It is provided by the author in c source code and appears to be set up as a library of functions.

Is there anyone here that has a compiler environment set up and can help me build this into a command line/console tool for a win32 platform?

I can do most of the program design, I just need someone who knows c to help wrangle this into a program.

-edit
forgot the link to his site:
ACTC - The Triangle Consolidator, by Brad Grantham

I'm a programmer in general, but not C specifically.

I will see what I can dig up, compiler wise.  Meanwhile, if someone else is a C person, jump on in.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

April 28, 2012, 02:29:33 PM #2 Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 10:13:12 PM by tirpider
Oh groovy, thanks!

I can tool around in programming, but it's hack and slash all the way.

I have one of those giant C guide books, but never got to deep into it. (objects and classes drive me nuts)

I know there are tons of compilers, if you could point me at a stable/gentle one, I'll try to fumble through it.

I see 2 ways to hit this one.
1 as a dll to be used with autoit (more elegant)
2 as an exe that can be called from batch files (or autoit) (prefered)

-edit
Found a compiler to try. (LCC and Pelles C)
I can't get it built. (make complains about not knowing how to make the object file)
After digging through the makefile, I get the impression it is trying to build for linux.
(C is C, though, so I should just have to change some libraries...)

Anyway, I think I need to read some manuals. (brush up on make and stuff)
Perhaps after going over basic c stuff it will become clear what this guy is doing and then port it to AutoIT.