Any mappers available?

Started by Kit Fisto, April 20, 2012, 08:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Are there any map makers who are available to make a map for me? I have a mac so I can't really do anything to help...

There are certainly a few knocking around.
Perhaps you should specify your request?

April 21, 2012, 07:44:40 AM #2 Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 07:49:30 AM by kitfisto15678
Here's my idea:
JABBA'S SAIL BARGE
How about this, get 4 skiffs from mos eisley and put them in a circle "floating" around the sarlaac pit and make 2 of them CPs. then have it where if you fall of the skiffs you go down a steep hill that you cant climb up and you fall in the sarlaac pit! to connect the 4 skiffs you would have a narrow platform for people to walk across. The skiffs would each have 1 turrent attached  on them like in mos eisley. I wanted to have jabbas sail barge but if you cant make it then this would be just as good. One thought though should it be where the CPs can't be captured and you spawn on any of the 4 skiffs or should the CPs be capturable.
Sound cool to anyone?

That's pretty awesome, I'm not sure if it is possible without lots of new models though.  :confused:
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I will, I'll ask Epifire if he can make some models for me.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

AWESOME!!!!!! :cheer: Are you gonna try to have the actual sail barge in it or just the 4 skiffs?

Quote from: SnΛke on April 22, 2012, 11:34:43 AM
I will, I'll ask Epifire if he can make some models for me.
If you require any of my skinning services I'll be happy to assist.

Don't get too excited, it's all up to Epifire. But If he will make the big barge then I will do the rest. And thanks 33!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Well couldn't he just re-size the original model?

April 22, 2012, 07:51:49 PM #10 Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 07:56:45 PM by SnΛke
Well the original one isn't very detailed (I'm wanting atleast one lower level in the barge) and it has a staircase on the side. (actually ramps to be technical..)

EDIT

Although.. Maybe tirpider could hex cut the ramps off. Maybe he could somehow make a lower level also?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

April 22, 2012, 08:32:32 PM #11 Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:57:34 PM by tirpider
I haven't played with props before.

I bet the ramps could come right off, easy.

I'll look at it tonight.
I'm also playing with/inventing a way to scale mshs.
I can't promise anything regarding scale. (yet)

As for a lower level.... that that is beyond my ability.
Right now I can subtract and move pre-existing geometry. Creating it is a whole different potatoe.
If it can be made and saved in msh format, somehow, I can mash stuff together and trim overhang and such.
The biggest hitch in making an inside for the barge would be collisions on the walls.
It's really a big enough project to justify scratch building it in XSI.

(I'll still try to get the ramps off because that would be usefull anyway. Possibly made into a transport, add some gun possitions on the sides, ect...)

-edit
My fist look tells me that I can remove the ramps, but it's more than just a quick, cut and save.
I have to find and remove their collision stuff as well.
Also, the shadow for it is in a tag I don't have translated yet (SHDW) so It would either carry the scaffolding shadow around or I could remove it entirely.
Also, the maintenance hatch on the bottom would need to be closed. (or made into a way to get in or something)

Since It's not a quick edit, it's in rotation with my other projects.
I will clean off the ramps, and close the doors on the bottom.
It's unlikely that this particular model will get an inside.
I don't expect to get started on it for at least a week, But it's there.

Oh, yeah I figured the lower level was too much. Btw, you can scale stuff pretty easily with the .msh.option file.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I read somewhere that the collisions get funky if you scale too much with the .option.
I don't know if that is true or not, but if I go in and scale every vertex in every MODL (visible and invisible) then the .option can remain the same.

Oh, makes sense
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder