Tirpider's Hex-Crafting Request Thread

Started by {TcF}Dr.Penguin, April 10, 2012, 09:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Sent a mail out to psych0fred.
I know he doesn't mod anymore.
I hope he checks his email.

I would normaly try to source the parts from the creator, but in this case, there is a pretty big gap in compatibility between the project and the source.

I'm not really prepared to take on a jediknight file conversion.

April 25, 2012, 07:55:54 AM #62 Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 09:58:09 AM by Unit 33
Have you a link to psych0fred's conversion? I'd like to have a go at the skins.

[EDIT] No worries, found it hiding in Secret Society.com

[EDIT 2] Woah the hair's being weird. It seems the region it's meant to go transparent is instead going purple, giving it a goth fringe which is sort of nice but not for this skin! Not sure if this is just SWBF viewer being daft; so I'll test it in-game later.

April 25, 2012, 11:09:57 AM #63 Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 11:18:03 AM by tirpider
The hair does use transpearancy.
[spoiler]quick in-game shot
It's low because I just rushed it onto the model.
But it works.
[/spoiler]
The BF MSH Viewer doesn't render the effects called in ATRB, nor does 3dOC. I don't know if UltimateUnwrap3D does or not.

-edit
The hair.tga shows up in paint.net, right off.
In Irfanfiew, it's all black.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Nice. What exactly are you guys making?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

April 25, 2012, 11:46:14 AM #65 Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 11:24:46 PM by Unit 33
@Snake
Hopefully something like this.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I will use the same model to create several other gaming heroines.

@tirpider
Good to know! I was worried my edits in photoshop we're screwing things up.

Konoko from Oni
Unit 33 is preparing other skins as well.

I think it will be nice to start seeing some female characters in the game.
(without alienating female players)

-edit.. ack... too slow :)

April 25, 2012, 11:55:42 AM #67 Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 07:10:17 AM by Unit 33
Heh heh. It is indeed weird when posts happen rapidly.

Yes I have revised the list of other heroines I shall make.
.Oni (Done)
.Leeloo from the Fifth Element (Done)
.Ripley from Alien (Done)
.Hatless Rebel Sniper (Done)
.Female Imperial Officer (Done)

Hi since this is a thread for hex edditing requests( I think) I was wondering if you could remove the cape from Count Duku and put a clone head on then I could skin it to create this unit
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/6601/copyofcap028cd3.png

April 26, 2012, 01:25:03 PM #69 Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 01:31:34 PM by Unit 33
I think Napseeker had one for a Clone vs Clone mod? So there's one floating around out there.

I certainly remember playing as it.... I'll have a look around.

Anyway it would be easier to dump the clone head on Luke's rather than Dooku's body since Dooku has random chest features.

Luke skywalker isn't wearing the right type of robe though :/

April 26, 2012, 02:53:16 PM #71 Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 03:05:48 PM by tirpider
icemember over on GT provides us with this guy: Clone Trainee
[spoiler][/spoiler]

-edit
The edits are possible, but we need an un-helmeted clone from someone.
If you can find an appropriate head, somewhere in the BF1 or BF2 assets that can be reskinned, then I would be more than happy to swap it :)

Thoughts on hexing other folks work:
[spoiler]I really want to stay within the shipped assets on my edits.
It feels really awkward asking if I can cut up other folks work. I'm afraid of becomming known as that guy that just cuts up other folks work.
Kitbashing and hexediting take time and effort, to be sure, but skimming around various forums reveals that it is not held in a very high regard.
So out of respesct of other folks work, I'd like to restrict my hex hacking on 3rd party stuff to repair, and leave the integrity of thier models alone.[/spoiler]

April 26, 2012, 03:19:44 PM #73 Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 02:42:42 AM by tirpider
The link in his post (i linked to that above) works.

-edit
errg
Unit 33.
On this female face, I am going to admit (temporary) defeat.
I have a hole where Anakins' face was, and the BF2 marksperson's face in it's place, but it needs a lot of polish.
There is a gap at te forhead, Anakins jaws are wide, the Marksperson's face is way small, Anakin's neck is both wide and thick.
There are just too many edits.
Any one or 2 I can manage, but all together, it becomes a soup of offsets and adjustments that are all contingenant on each other.
At the end , it would have a head/face skin, split across 2 tgas (in addition to the body tgas)
I think we need to find another head.

-edit
Alternativly, If someone can model and export a head as a prop (msh format, of course) I can get it on a working rig, easy.
Since it's just a neck/head/hair thing, weighting it is a little trial and error.
In the mean time, I am scanning for alternate heads...

-edit
A quick and dirty face flip of all_inf_marksperson_face onto BF2_all_inf_stormtrooperlukeskywalker reveals a possibility.
(His hair can be changed to Anakin's)

-edit
In other news, The Rebel Captian is comming along very well.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
It still needs a shadow volume and the skeleton numbers need optimizing, but so far it is preforming better than the original luke.

April 27, 2012, 07:15:22 AM #74 Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 07:31:21 AM by Unit 33
Right done four skins for this same model and I'm calling it quits for now.
I'll probably do more in the future but I've got a cold right now so my brain is turning to mush.
Pictures:
[spoiler]
LeeLoo

Female Imperial Officer

Oni

Ripley
[/spoiler]

And with the face... well you mainly see the character from the back so if there's slight discrepancies then oh no[!].