Tirpider's Hex-Crafting Request Thread

Started by {TcF}Dr.Penguin, April 10, 2012, 09:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi, tripider, is it possible for you, to make rebel captain model ( SWBF1 Luke body, and SWBF2 Tantivie IV troopers helmet), or urban rebel marksman ( SWBF1 marksman body (without backpack), and SWBF2 Tantivie VI troopers helmet)?
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

You could just skin the Tantive IV trooper from swbf2
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Yeah that sounds like a simple re-skin (since the Tantive Troopers body is fairly uneventful), I could do it tonight/tomorrow if you'd like.

April 20, 2012, 12:36:19 PM #33 Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 12:44:15 PM by tirpider
I think if reskinning will get the look done, then thats the way to go.

I just looked at the Tant IV guy and his hat is already seperated. All thats needed to make it an individual part is to extract the chin strap.

There is a bit more detail modeled onto the Tantive guy than the Luke model.
I put both the Rebel Captain and Urban Rebel Marksperson in my work folder.
I'd like to at least fix the Luke model so that it doesnt crash 3d Object Converter, anyway.
I can't give an estimate on when I'll get to it. There are 2 Models in front of them. But I will take a swing at them :)

@Unit 33
The Imp guy is prepped. The BF1 helmet is isolated better, but  is also non-weighted and rotated funky, So I went with the BF2 helmet.
(check the pic) There is still trimming to do and the officer's head needs to come off.
The lowres officer's head and neck are a seperate geometry so that will be quick and easy.
Haven't checked the shadowvolumes yet.
Moving along nicely.

One more thing, would it be appropriate to ask for this thread to be moved to Mod Factory or Requests?

Thank's for interesting my request, i just wish to say, between Tantive captain and trooper model, surely exist some difference, see the pic:
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/ugluq

Thanks tirpider, it's looking fantastic!

Sereja, those are some marginal differences but I see your point I guess!
How about this;
If I make the skin and you don't like it; we [tirpider] can go ahead and make the model.

Of course, you can try, I saw, you making nice skins, but I am afraid, in my way to perfection, it will be not enough...

re: Stormie Officer
Got the geometry trimmed from the helmet and the officer's head(and neck) removed.
Also tried out my new fake NDXL thing. The wires in the following pic can be compared to the previous to show that they are all triangles now. This will be useful in the future, but not so important to this model.
I'm going to game test it now to see if there are un-forseen issues.

Time to start thinking of a name.
For the MSH : imp_inf_st_officer.msh makes sense. But I don't know what to name the model.

Also, did you want to reskin him so he could have a proper skin for a proper release?

There are quite a few skins I was planning on creating for this particular model such as the Imperial Worker and Imperial Medic (both of which have the StormTrooper Helmet with an Officer-like suit).
So if you can send me those lovely assets I'll go ahead and bang out several skins.

As for a name, yes imp_inf_st_officer.msh seems appropriate.

April 21, 2012, 02:37:49 AM #39 Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 02:43:28 AM by tirpider
PM'd a link to the assets.
Sorry about the delay, I ran into a last min problem with the override_texture.
I didn't use my generic skeleton on this guy because of the A-pose (I don't know if that would have been an issue or not) and to speed it along a bit I left the body at MNDX 2 so I wouldn't have to re-numer all the nulls.
Well, I forgot to change bone_root's PRNT to "override_texture" when I renamed the body, so he ended up looking like a non-animated wad of paper in-game.  ::)

Fixed that.. Now I can't get override_texture2 to override. I triple checked my odf line (OverrideTexture2 = "over") and I have -keepmaterial override_texture in the .option.

Ok.. so I realize as I am typing...
Do I need to add a "-keepmaterial override_texture2" to the .option as well?
-testing

-edit
yeah. If you have an override_texture2, you have to put "-keepmaterial override_texture2" in the option....
Sorry about inner dialog post.

This means the model is done except for Readme, skins, and file name changes. :)

April 21, 2012, 04:00:15 AM #40 Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 06:25:38 AM by Unit 33
Alright done the Imperial Field Medic and Imperial Worker/Miner
I'll PM you the tgas for an official release.
[spoiler]
Field Medic

Worker
[/spoiler]

EDIT

I have been conducting skin tests for the Body of Oni, and I'm close to done.
I'm finding "Rebel_face03" extremly annoying to edit, regardless of what I do the model screws up the right eye every time.

I'm thinking os using the SWBF2 "all_inf_marksperson_face" instead... is that alright?

I have a real request now, could you take the imperial snowtroopers head onto a jet trooper?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Got the skins (Thank you, Unit 33)
I'm still waking up and will get it on site in a bit.

re: Oni
It should be good.
I've never done an arm\leg\face\hair transplant before, but as long as the face is UV'd somewhere, it should work out ok. (Glad I never heard a doctor say that.)

re: Snowtrooper's head on a Jet Trooper
That one is going to be challenging. The way the face covering meets the body is pretty explicit and important to the definition of the material.
I'll have to find the bottom edges and adjust them to meet the body of the clone Jet Trooper.
Doing it blind will take a than with a modeler, and I'll have to err on the overlap side.
I don't know If I can, but I'll try.

(BTW, Thanks for moving this to requests, Snake.)

Alright, if its too much trouble dont worry about it. Actually, would it be easier just to put the clone jet pack on an imperial snowtrooper? I think that'd be better anyway. And np.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

April 21, 2012, 12:33:58 PM #44 Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 11:34:48 PM by tirpider
Ah, now thats a quick and easy one.
Might bump it up in priority cause I know just swapping the pack over will work.

I didn't mean to make it sound like trouble. It isn't, I assure you.
I tend to 'talk' things out to clarify them in my own mind.
I'm enjoying manipulating these models because each one is teaching me more about how they are put together and handled by the game.[spoiler]One day, when my army of Tuskens is complete, We will take over and change the face of the Earth.. er, Tatooine forever..... Bwah-ha-ha-ha-haaa[/spoiler]

-edit
Imperial Medic - Worker is released here.

In order, the next projects are:
RebelMarksman\Clone\with Anikin's Hair
Rebel Captain
Urban Rebel Marksman
SnowJetTrooper

I may bump one or the other if I get hung up on any particular one.

-edit
Just a progress report.
Shoehorning the BF2 marksman's face onto the BF1 marksman.
[spoiler]
Sniper_noHead_noPouches_noBackpack:The BF1 Marksman is prepped. (No Head, No Pouches, and No Backpack.)

HeadsTooSmall: With the BF2 marksman face3.
(still adjusting verticle position, then it will be ready to scale and reposition again)

[/spoiler]

I'd be further along, but got hung up on optimizing the way I rig these models.

-edit
Where to start.
Konoko is presenting some problems.
The rebel marksman's head (BF1 and BF2) has no top of the skull.
It isn't a straight forward face, I'm going to have to do some wierd cutting and probably end up putting part of BF2 marksmans face03 on part of Ani's head.
(His hair is behaving perfect, btw.)
The cuts needed are based of masking the textures involved in rectangles and transfering the corners of those rectangles to my worksheet. Then magic is needed.

I'm going to do the setup for the next models while I mull over how to do that magic.