Tirpider's Hex-Crafting Request Thread

Started by {TcF}Dr.Penguin, April 10, 2012, 09:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Hi Tirpider! You don't have to do this if you don't want to and I just think that it would be cool in SWBFI but could you make the SWBFII magnaguard have a cape like on here
http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/screenshots/File/87597/3
Also scale him to be bigger than the other troopers.
Again if you don't want to do it that is fine. I would want to use this in an OC skin for the CIS but I don't know if it would work.

That wouldn't need HEXing you can add the cape on and re-scale it through the ODF... right?

October 14, 2012, 02:00:54 PM #169 Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 02:07:19 PM by tirpider
thats what I was thinking

-edit
The cape would be an addon msh
Hexing in a cape would make it static. The only way to make it move would be to bone it and make a full set of animations for the unit.

and scale would be skeletonrootscale (I believe)
you might also need to set the -scale setting in the .option

A side effect of adjusting the scale is that it's head might get in the way while playing. The wookie settings for the Camera sections work nice for tall units.

In Sereja's degrade Polis Massa and SK's Dagobah with BFII sides playing as the magnaguard is fine, and I'm pretty sure it's scaled to be bigger...
Would you be able to make the cape move like Darth Vader's cape? By cutting the cape in half so that it would end by the waist of the trooper, then it could move, also Darth Vader's cape re-painted to look like the pic. above.  :P
I said that all kinda weird... ???

hmm.

Most everything you want is accomplished through odf edits.
The texture is a skinning thing, I'm awfull with skins.

But the half cape. I might have another use for that one.
I'll trim the cape to about waist length on a scaled up Magnagaurd.
I havent seen an animated cut up cape before, so it may not look like you expect.

I'm still picking up speed from that extended break, so It might be a bit.
I'm doing simular and quick and easy edits for the moment till I get caught back up.

October 14, 2012, 02:52:39 PM #172 Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 03:12:00 PM by Kit Fisto
You don't have to rush. I just think that it would be cool to see in SWBFI that's all.

Does someone want to do the skinning for the cut cape? (:whistle: regent  :whistle:)

Oh tirpider! You might be able to find a already scaled magnaguard in SK's SWBFII assets...
( found it: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=684 )

EDIT: Here is a picture from SWBFII of the magnaguard standing still. That is how I want it, sorry for the cofusion on the cape size.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Thanks, I'll check.

I found a catch.
The stock caped units have the cape in thier lowres model.
That means the animation for the lowres cape is embedded in that unit's lowres animation.
I think I know what to do to get it out, but ... well.. I have to say that that's just a giant-huge-omg-whut kind of edit. (meaning it won't happen)

The workaround would be something like using vader's low res animation.

And after re thinging the half cape.. that can be achieved via transperancy on the tga (even vader's cape uses it)

So to get a fully functional unit it's just tga, odf and .option edits while getting the vader lowres animation to work with it.
Seems a little complex and wierd, but I don't think hex edits are needed on this one.

Ok that's good, no hex edits. Did you this?
Quote from: Kit Fisto on October 14, 2012, 02:52:39 PM
EDIT: Here is a picture from SWBFII of the magnaguard standing still. That is how I want it, sorry for the cofusion on the cape size.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Do you think if I could find the assets for the .tga of the magnaguard cape that would hepl?

Quote from: Kit Fisto on October 14, 2012, 02:22:54 PM
In Sereja's degrade Polis Massa and SK's Dagobah with BFII sides playing as the magnaguard is fine, and I'm pretty sure it's scaled to be bigger...
Would you be able to make the cape move like Darth Vader's cape? By cutting the cape in half so that it would end by the waist of the trooper, then it could move, also Darth Vader's cape re-painted to look like the pic. above.  :P
I said that all kinda weird... ???
The magna guard isn't scaled at all. 

How come in your SWBFII dagobah with SWBFII sides the magnaguard is bigger than the other troopers? ???

Quote from: Kit Fisto on October 14, 2012, 03:25:22 PM
Ok that's good, no hex edits. Did you this?
Do you think if I could find the assets for the .tga of the magnaguard cape that would hepl?

Looks like a standard cape.

Most all of this is standard unit building.
Scalling is in the odf and .option
Texturing is in the tga
Adding a cape is in the odf

Without diving right into it, it looks like only one hexedit to get a lowres cape on the lowres unit.
If there is more, it would have to come up during the editing.

Because of the setup, it will have to wait. Messing with animations (even just addons) makes a mess of my process.

While we wait, you could get the odf and texture together though :)