The "I Have An Idea!" thread

Started by Snake, March 07, 2012, 11:53:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I think I've said this before, but there should be a Bespin: Lando's Palace map according to the movie.  Sereja should do this.
If you are good at something, never do it for attention.

Quote from: Isaac1138 on November 14, 2015, 06:34:06 PM
I think I've said this before, but there should be a Bespin: Lando's Palace map according to the movie.  Sereja should do this.
Hey, we have a lot of good modders around here. I can't be responcible for entire SWBF mod map production... :P
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Quote from: Sereja on November 14, 2015, 08:31:47 PM
Hey, we have a lot of good modders around here. I can't be responcible for entire SWBF mod map production... :P
Well, by the looks of it, you've done better than Lucas Arts themselves and you'd surely nail that idea. Not saying there are no other good modders, you're just one of the best for maps like these (in my opinion) ;)
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

November 22, 2015, 03:32:10 AM #153 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 01:27:42 PM by TheGangstarTY
I just thought of a good map that I'd LOVE to see!
For Star Wars Battlefront, I'd like to see a map with two islands where the only way to cross is over a large, wide wooden bridge. I was thinking a map like Kashyyyk Islands or something but where there's a massive battle with lots of troops (about 50 each side) fighting head to head and maybe a few vehicles. I would love to see this and if anyone's willing to go ahead with this then that would be great!
I'd create it myself but Windows 10 seems to cause the zeroeditor to never load up due to some weird runtime error.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

I think that runtime error is because of the graphics card. If I remember correctly it's NVIDIA cards that do it. It seems like a cool idea.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on November 22, 2015, 01:16:14 PM
I think that runtime error is because of the graphics card. If I remember correctly it's NVIDIA cards that do it. It seems like a cool idea.

I've got an AMD R9 270X, would that do it? I think it's the OS but I'm not definitely sure.

I'm not sure. You may want to try using the search tool on the site. If that doesn't bring up a solution try google searching.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on November 23, 2015, 10:53:52 AM
I'm not sure. You may want to try using the search tool on the site. If that doesn't bring up a solution try google searching.

Already tried and found nothing :confused: The only other solution is re-downloading it, maybe that'll work.

November 29, 2015, 08:22:36 AM #158 Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 11:09:42 AM by rudey

Quote from: rudey on November 29, 2015, 08:22:36 AM
The other day I joined the gametoast forums so I could post this in their idea thread. I thought I should also post it here. I just joined this forum so that I could post this idea and hopefully get it to someone who has skills in modding.

My idea is to expand the interior of the capital ships. Things like this have been done before, but in my opinion not as good as they could have been. There are 4 maps I know of that attempt something like this that I'm taking inspiration from for my idea.

The 1st map I know is called Star Destroyer. It adds a huge interior to a star destroyer with capturable command posts, which is a great idea. But, there are a few problems with it. The actual map is just really long corridors and stairs that all look the same, there's no point in flying outside the star destroyer, it wouldn't be any different if it weren't actually in a star destroyer gameplay-wise, and it's far too big.
Video of the map:

The 2nd map I know is called Space Mon Calamari. It's like a regular space map but adds frigates with hangars, and adds a few hallways to the interiors of both ships with capturable command posts, which are all great ideas. But the problem is that the hallways don't really expand the interior anyway, and the hallways are just straight paths that cross over with each other.
Video of the map:

The 3rd map I know is called Space Endor or Battle of Endor. It has two star destroyers on the map, and one rebel cruiser with 2 hangars. It also uses sections from the death star map for the interior. These too are all great ideas. The problem with it though is that some of the interior sections don't lead anywhere except to dead ends, and the second hangar is more of an easter egg to find the millenium falcon because there is no spawn point in that hangar.
Video of the map:

The 4th map I know is called Tantive IV: Interception. Basically it takes the original tantive IV map and adds sections from the space maps (engine room, life support room, etc.) to make it feel more like a real ship, which is a great idea. However, it's not at all a space map and those sections aren't anything more than decoration.
Video of the map:

Specifically, my ideals for this space map would be:

1. Each ship having two hangars (one hangar on each side of the ship), with a capturable command post in each one (so a landing party could temporarily block off access to the hangar by capturing the command post).

2. A central section of the ship with expansive hallways and rooms (maybe borrowed from the death star and tantive IV maps) that lead away from each other to the various sections of the ship (auto-turret mainframe, shields, engines, life support).

3. The central section might have to be made so that the player gets teleported from the hangar to the central section, because of how far apart the hangars would be. The Space Endor map does this with the rebel cruiser to move between the two hangars, because the hangars are so far apart (but I don't know if teleporting would work with AI characters so I'm unsure about using teleporting).

4. At least one (but maybe more) uncapturable command post(s) in the central section so a team always has somewhere to spawn if the hangars are captured. Don't keep any command posts right next to the destroyable sections of the ship though (life support, shield, and engine rooms shouldn't have command posts, but the auto-turret area should be fine with a command post), so that enemies won't just spawn on top of someone trying to destroy the ship from the inside.

5. All this should make it feel like that when you board the enemy ship, you're actually boarding a ship with an interior like the death star and tantive IV maps, that you have to fight through (but unlike those maps, to destroy things instead of capture command posts).

I wrote all of this with the GCW era in mind. It would probably be easier to make expanded interiors for the CW era ships because they're smaller (they are, right?) but at this time I'm more interested in an expanded GCW ship interior, especially because all the maps I used as examples/inspiration are GCW era, and the maps that pieces could be borrowed from are also GCW era (death star, tantive IV).

Feel free to take this idea and just run with it, because I have absolutely no skills in modding myself (but I might start learning). I just want someone with the right skills to make this so that it would be made the right way.

Also, thank you to the makers of the maps that I mentioned as inspiration, and I'm sorry if any of my criticisms offended you.

I support this idea. It sounds perfect! Although one thing, if anyone's modding this, please add as many AI as possible so it's a nice map with constant action. I've seen mod maps like these before and they only ever had like 10v10. I'm talking about like 250v250 or something. One downside to adding more AI though is it'd be hard to grab a ship straight away.

Did you have play the "Battles of the Storm"Map Pack? Apparently not.
For me Lorul1 did the best space ships interiors....with command post and others...it think you should download his stuff on Gametoast forum....you will some very good improvement.... :tu:
"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif

November 29, 2015, 11:36:00 AM #161 Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 11:09:44 AM by rudey

I'm thinking of making my first map based off the new Battlefront. It'll be practice, more or less, for the upcoming maps in the Uprising mod. At the moment, I've called it "Hoth: Walker Assault". If it works out, I may make some more maps based on the new game.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: Gistech on December 02, 2015, 11:53:25 AM
I'm thinking of making my first map based off the new Battlefront. It'll be practice, more or less, for the upcoming maps in the Uprising mod. At the moment, I've called it "Hoth: Walker Assault". If it works out, I may make some more maps based on the new game.

I'd love to see that! If you can, make it so the only vehicles the Rebels have are air vehicles ;) Isn't there an Endor map like Walker Assault on SWBF 1 or 2? I can't remember what it's called but if you know I'd love to find it and try that map out too

Well, I'd be tempted to have Tauntauns, but Stock Hoth only had the Rebels armed with Snowspeeders and Tauntauns anyway, they had to use the cannons. Given the Rebels will also have X-Wings and A-Wings, it's only fair if the Imperials have air vehicles.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1