Turrets Shooting Out Fighters

Started by wookieejedi, January 05, 2010, 04:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Would it be possible to make a laser turret?, like a Bespin AA gun fire shots that look like fighters? The only thing I could think of was to change the aa ord file to a missle but I couldn't find where the msh that tells what the missles look like were in the odfs

Ultimately I would like to make so there is an turret that fires instant heat seeking missles, that are toned down in speed, but have the msh of fighters

There's no reason it can't happen. A turret has a weapon. A missile is a weapon. A missile has a mesh. A vehicle is a mesh.

Just change your turret's weapon so that is fires a missile ordnance instead of a bolt ordnance, and change your missile mesh to a vehicle's mesh.

thanks, but where is the line in the missle odf for the msh file though?

When I looked in a proton_torpedo.odf I didn't find any line that had an msh file name. Any ideas, thanks

I don't know which specific .odf file you are looking at. Any geometry for the actual ordnance is defined in the _ord.odf file, and if that particular missile has a geometry (not all of them do), then it is defined by:
GeometryName = "com_weap_missile"

thanks got it

on another subject I tried making automatic missle turrets, but the missles never lock on to anything, even though I have the lock on time at 0.01 and all the other odf stuff from a torpedo launcher, any ideas anyone?