8 by 8km map issue

Started by Linux user Awesome, September 01, 2018, 01:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I am playing around with 1024(2048 was too unstable) map size witch is about 8 by 8km but the trouble is that when you walk a certent distance about 1 or 2km i think form the center you die but if you are in a vehicle you will not. as soon as you hop out you die.

how can i fix this? so that you can be anywhere in the map as a unit without death?

and also does anybody know if a map like this can handle many objects?(standard battlefront quality)
like a small town or village north of some greenery around on large hills a river and a few ponds.

Thanks in advance!  :happy:
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer

Check your death regions.

You may also want to look at Ord Mantell:  No greater glory for one of the biggest SWBF1 maps I have played. It should be in our downloads.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Thanks, but I think you die after walking 2km from the center because of memory management? hard coded probably?

I think Ord Mantell: No greater glory is an 4 by 4km map anyway.
but looks like it is filled with objects so thats not a problem.
so I would say 4X4km maps are the biggest you should make for a map with normal play.
so you can have a 4X4km map with 4m tiles/detail without any fancy modding i would think.

But anyway I guess I will just have to limit myself to 4x4km maps.
Thanks for all your help!(I apolagize for the bad writing.)
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer

You cannot fix the dead issue.Its hard coded.I once had the same problem.Also if you make your map 2048 on 2048 there is a terrain editor bug where you make changesto the terrain in zero editor but ingame the terrain is unchanged.