Voice Actors Needed for Raka's Adventure

Started by Breakdown, December 13, 2009, 03:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi all

I don't feel like cluttering up the actual W.I.P. Topic anymore so I'll post this request here

I need "vocie actors/acresses" for Raka's Adventure. I'm making it so in certain areas if you walk up to somebody  they have a sound region that plays them talking, which will give you certain instructions as to where to go and what not

REQUIREMENTS FOR BEING A VOICE ACTOR:

- Needs to be willing to work (Duh)

- Needs to have a mature voice (unlike me)

- Should be able to have a wide range of impersonations they can make with their voice, for example, if I ask for a British accent for a certain like, you should be able to provide an accurate one

- Needs to have a good quality recording, and able to send me the files in .mp3 or other such media files (except for .wav, I need to convert that myself)

- Overall you should be able to have fun, I don't want to drag someone into this if they don't want to, you should have enthusiasm and willingness

If you want to be a part of this and try out to be a "voice actor" for R:A, please send me a PM.

INSTRUCTIONS:

Once you send a Personal Message to me asking for an "audition", I'll send you a line to be recited in the map. Then, record yourself saying it, send it to me in .mp3 and I'll decide afterwards.

Thanks a lot, I hope I get some volunteers!

-Breakdown

i am sorry i can only do .wma for now, will look for a .mp3 recorder tonight.

Quote from: keenmike on December 13, 2009, 03:23:25 PM
i am sorry i can only do .wma for now, will look for a .mp3 recorder tonight.

.wma is fine also. Just PM if you want to "audition"

/signs up
/adds Easter Egg in a script telling Raka to look for the hidden AK47 in the game
/increases play time 100x because no one will ever find it
/laughs at everyone
/end

BTW I'm not too happy about the "you do this accent if I tell you to" thing but I'll sign up anyways.

#TYBG

Quote from: ag on December 13, 2009, 03:25:26 PM
/signs up
/adds Easter Egg in a script telling Raka to look for the hidden AK47 in the game
/increases play time 100x because no one will ever find it
/laughs at everyone
/end

BTW I'm not too happy about the "you do this accent if I tell you to" thing but I'll sign up anyways.

You don't have to, you can try your best, but if it troubles you, I'll let it pass.

looks like there are a lot of takers. i sent a message and will record some takes tonight at work.

Ha Ha this is funny ! Why don't you just ask a British guy to do an English accent, that's a lot better than some bad impersonation !
I actually do acting in my spare time, and have done voice acting before, unfortunately
I have an overbearing unwillingness to do any sort of work.
Good luck in finding those good voices.... :tu:

how do you get your own recordings to work ingame??
There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

well... could you at least give us a little more information with what were working with here? whats raka adventure, is it on battlefront? what is it about?

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world."
Albert Einstein

I wonder if this could be applied to the 'battle commentary' - the repetitive "we've lost a command post" could perhaps be replaced with better phrases ? "Those Rebel scum have taken a command post"
"this battle is ours!" -and such. This could perhaps be used in 'big mods', just to make game-play a little more interesting.

UNIT33, why not record the cool sayings you would like to have in windows .wma format. You can upload it to a filefront place, and then let wampa know the link. Or I or some other helper can do voice overs once you get the exact messages.

Quote from: Mike, a cull nightfriend on December 31, 2009, 06:37:18 AM
UNIT33, why not record the cool sayings you would like to have in windows .wma format. You can upload it to a filefront place, and then let wampa know the link. Or I or some other helper can do voice overs once you get the exact messages.
I might just do that, but the format will be whatever is easiest at the time, probably mp3.