multi fire point for weapons?

Started by Linux user Awesome, March 17, 2018, 12:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 17, 2018, 12:05:01 AM Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 06:05:20 AM by Gistech
not shure where i should post this but here we go.
Hello I am trying to make a inf_weapon use multi hard points to fire from all at once
I already have the model done with all the HPs and working I just need to get the ODF
use them all. and was wondering if anyone here could help
I am just using a part from the bowcaster's ODF for now so offset of bullets is correct.

I will give a pic of the real pistol I am making the model from to give you an idea of what I mean.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

btw i can already make it shoot 3 bullets from 1 hp I just need it to shoot 1 bullet from each hp.
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer

Weapon ODFs only really allow for one firepoint.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Well thanks anyway.

I guess I will just have to edit the muzzle flash to make it look like its coming from each barrel.

btw i usaly know where to post this type of thing but for some reason my brain was not working. :shrug: 

My apologies. -Linux User Awesome
"a tool is a tool, it isn't inherently evil or good." -Sleep killer

March 17, 2018, 10:31:16 PM #3 Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 10:39:42 PM by RepComm
Quote from: Gistech on March 17, 2018, 06:07:22 AM
Weapon ODFs only really allow for one firepoint.
I'm not so sure? How does the hail fire vehicle's rocket weapon work? I thought it used several hps..
That might be a good place to look.

I'm thinking you'll need salvo with the shots with 0 or close to 0 delay between shots, and I think specifying the next hps to use could be found in the hail fire rockets odf (if that's how it works, I'm computer less for a good week or so until parts get in the mail, so I can't check).

Quote from: RepComm on March 17, 2018, 10:31:16 PM
I'm not so sure? How does the hail fire vehicle's rocket weapon work? I thought it used several hps..
That might be a good place to look.

I'm thinking you'll need salvo with the shots with 0 or close to 0 delay between shots, and I think specifying the next hps to use could be found in the hail fire rockets odf (if that's how it works, I'm computer less for a good week or so until parts get in the mail, so I can't check).

Nope, vehicle weapons use hardpoints on the vehicle itself. These are defined in the vehicle ODF and not its weapon ODF.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1