Autoturrets?

Started by Phobos, December 09, 2009, 02:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
December 09, 2009, 02:34:49 PM Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 09:42:19 PM by xshat
 :censored:

Units with the autoturret model, one weapon, and no movement speed spawned as locals allied or not with a specific team?

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Then no. You can't, as I don't believe that command works in BFI.

Just because it's in the assets does not mean that it works.

this would have a few flaws that would have to be worked out (if at all possible even tho i've never seen it work) You would have to have it as a unit that is dispense, as no weapon can automatically fire without a given AI to control it, this would in turn mess up tickets as well possibly?.

But the other problem with this is that spawned units of anytype with AI will not attack until after they are attacked themselves, so any turret you put out would be dead likely before it would attack.

http://www.secretsociety.com/forum/display_message.asp?mid=472

This was recently shown to me, but as far as i know the testing of this line of code never worked out. feel free to try yourself.

The only way i know of autoturrets that would work are as Jk says, spawn a local non moving unit with one attack and put it to attack whatever you wanted.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

You'd have to ask someone else that, in practice you could i think make certain unit types spawn at certain points thus giving both native types places to spawn, however someone more experienced would have to confirm that.

Same with the 2 native factions, you'll have to have someone who knows more answer.

Quote from: xshat on December 09, 2009, 03:30:31 PM
Not sure what you mean here.
What i mean is that for your dispensable turret, to have your turret attack without an AI controlling it, is not possible. And a spawned AI (like dispensing a vehicle but instead a unit) will not attack.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

im not sure if this works or not, but i saw this in the hoth ion cannon odf. [GameObjectClass]
ClassLabel = "armedbuilding"
GeometryName = "hoth_bldg_ioncannon.msh"

[Properties]
BUILDINGSECTION = "BODY"
Label = "Ion Cannon"
GeometryName = "hoth_bldg_ioncannon"

BUILDINGSECTION = "TURRET1"

//TurretNodeName = "turret_x"
Controllable = "0"
AutoFire = "1"

//PCMaxTurnSpeed = "20.0"
//PCMaxPitchSpeed = "20.0"

TURRETSECTION = "TURRET1"

WeaponName = "hoth_weap_bldg_ioncannon"
AimerNodeName = "cannon_base"
AimerPitchLimits = "0.0 0.0"
AimerYawLimits = "0.0 0.0"
MaxTurnSpeed = "0.0"
MaxPitchSpeed = "0.0"
//PCMaxTurnSpeed = "20.0"
//PCMaxPitchSpeed = "20.0"

BarrelNodeName = "barrel"
BarrelLength = "12.0"

FirePointName = "hp_fire"

FoleyFXGroup  = "metal_foley"

note that it says autofire= 1
There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

It won't work - that autofire only means to just fire continuously in whatever direction the turret is pointed at by default.  There's no intelligence to make the turret redirect the weapon at an enemy and fire at it... this is basically the same thing I used in my Battle of Coruscant map (where you have each ship just firing straight at the other enemy ship).

well i guess you could just have it firing down a hallway like at cloud city.
There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

And can you make these turrents turn? so they still keep shooting straight but then they turn around
Whitout attacking an enamy or other things

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

I'm fairly certain you can't have them just naturally turning on their own... only a human or AI has the ability to get the turret to turn/move at all AFAIK...

I just put that auto fire command in a bespin aa gun and it works great, fires and when you get in it you can control the direction and it just continues to fire, great for my possible Endor Space Battle Defending Home One Map.