EA Selected for Multi-Year Agreement for Future of Star Wars Games

Started by «ΙΞ¢KØ», May 06, 2013, 01:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
If any contention about modding or hosting SWBF files comes up,  then folks would certainly contact JediKiller and or Buckler.  They would then notify us.  Until that happens I wouldn't worry about rumors of EA action against modding communities.

And besides that, EA isn't the owner of SWBF, so they would have nothing to be contentious of.  That's still a LucasArts thing, and now Disney as well.

Quote from: tirpider on May 08, 2013, 01:29:06 PM
And besides that, EA isn't the owner of SWBF, so they would have nothing to be contentious of.  That's still a LucasArts thing, and now Disney as well.
Exactly. I can only see something like this happening if EA "buys out" LucasArts. Other than that, we don't have to worry.  :cheers:

Quote from: Kit Fisto on May 08, 2013, 04:06:01 PM
Exactly. I can only see something like this happening if EA "buys out" LucasArts. Other than that, we don't have to worry.  :cheers:
ah, good to hear. Still, if EA is "The worst company"...

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is awesome. I'm convinced now after playing it for, er how many hours straight? Er, that isn't important. The important thing is DICE know how to make an epic game. As long as EA doesn't throw too many micro-transactions in the mix I can live with needing Origin(I already have it for Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 so shrug.) and always needing to be online.

Did I mention Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is awesome? And cheap to.

Just making sure I mentioned Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is awesome. Oh I did? Three times you say? Well it should drive home the point that DICE know how to make a good game.

Quote from: SleepKiller on May 09, 2013, 03:24:30 AM
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is awesome. I'm convinced now after playing it for, er how many hours straight? Er, that isn't important. The important thing is DICE know how to make an epic game. As long as EA doesn't throw too many micro-transactions in the mix I can live with needing Origin(I already have it for Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 so shrug.) and always needing to be online.

Did I mention Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is awesome? And cheap to.

Just making sure I mentioned Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is awesome. Oh I did? Three times you say? Well it should drive home the point that DICE know how to make a good game.

Who are you, and what have you done with the real SK! :o

I'm kidding, though I never thought I'd see you this positive over an EA game.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is so awesome, how could I be negative? The squad system is brilliant! It's all just so well done. This has me with high hopes for whatever DICE put out. (Plus Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is before the super greedy EA era.)

I do love BioWare's games as well, I recently finished playing through Mass Effect 2 that thing is amazing. Although I am slightly scared about Mass Effect 3 since it is an Origin era game, but I'll pick it up and play through it at some point.

Battlefield 2: Bad Company is the PS2 Battlefield game thats rated T right? My little brother is trying to get that one...

Quote from: SleepKiller on May 09, 2013, 04:23:26 AM
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is so awesome, how could I be negative? The squad system is brilliant! It's all just so well done. This has me with high hopes for whatever DICE put out. (Plus Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is before the super greedy EA era.)

I do love BioWare's games as well, I recently finished playing through Mass Effect 2 that thing is amazing. Although I am slightly scared about Mass Effect 3 since it is an Origin era game, but I'll pick it up and play through it at some point.

Just download the Extended Cut DLC, and the ending for the game is somewhat decent. The rest of the game is an absolute masterpiece, except for a couple of things.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

Even more relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/v/e-LE0ycgkBQ?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0

I think this is a 50/50 situation. I could either be terrible or the most fantastic game ever created.

WOW great find.

It mocks comsumer more than company.
Consumers are too stupid (for the most part) to know what a good deal is, while the companys like EA see how stupid people are and take advantage.

I don't think it's real nice of them, but it is a good idea. They are getting off scott free and rich.

I don't put the onus of bad products and exploitative practices on the consumer.

Yes, it's a 'buyer beware' world, but that doesn't make sharp dealing ok. (They used to arrest folks for that.)

That's unfair of me to say, as I have no insight into their motives.  But consumers are not the only party to blame for the low quality products they buy.  Big marketing budgets and massive distribution saturate the landscape and marginalize competing products.

Does the buyer have a choice? Not always.

Really it's the fault of the modern consumerist culture, in which we are generally pressured into upgrading to the latest tech and complying with the crowd tastes.
Anyone who has the slightest trace of individualism is rejected and given a label...

But I digress. I have opinions.

My point is...

EA may not attempt the appease us hardcore Battlefrontians by giving us the unique shooter we all love.
Instead they may make the generic FPS we have come to expect from the industry as a quick passionless cash-grab.

But considering DICE is doing it there remains hope for an articulate genuine Battlefront experience.

All I want is for it to be a none gore filled game, and simple, I think that something we all love about BF