remaining Swbf 2 maps

Started by Mr. Banthafodder, September 27, 2011, 08:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I saw the tantive vi map and the dagobah map
weren't converted to swbf 1.
I thought some parts of the tantive vi map were already used
in the behind enemy lines map but that's it.

It's just an idea but maybe some of the experienced modders can work together
to convert the tantive vi map.
I think many swbf players would appreciate that.

Several very experienced modders have tried the conversion, but they were not satisfied with the results, and the crude conversion was never publicly released.

My understanding is that it is not so easy, and that is why the conversion has not been done yet.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

yeah ,you're probably right.
But if someone is still interested  :P.

i was working on both, i was half way finished with the dagobah conversion, but i abanded that (like my 30 other porjects) and the tantive
had wierd collision that messed up the map

Yeah converting maps requires a lot of time and knowlage with Zero Editor and Hex Editing. And Tantive Iv collision problems steam from tthe fact SWBF1 can not handle such a big models with so many collision points.

BF2's Geonosis was never able to be converted to BF1 because the terrain somehow was incompatible with  the BF1 terrainmunge, always crashing it. One workaround to this is to use DXripper that will capture a frame that gives an out put of all models and the terrain as a model. But this is tedious as you have to export it, import it to xsi, export it tomesh. replace all objects on it. and you can't have ineditor textureblending in models.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

That would just lead to collision problems as well. :/

Ok
But here's a second request.
I've downloaded all the other Swbf II conversions a while ago.
But I asked myself why they didn't add vehicles in the Felucia and Mygeeto map.
So, would it be possible for someone to add  vehicles in these maps ( the ones used in swbf II)?

The authors never released the sources to these maps and once again it is hard as to convert a SWBFII so with out their sources you will find few willing to re-convert and put vehciles in those maps.

Jedikiller made a felucia with and without vechicle spawns, and there are versions of mygeeto with and without vehicles.

I can try to find some links, but you should looks at Ryan's mod map list to see if you can find them on your own.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet