internal camera

Started by khy, February 17, 2010, 07:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
hey guys i just got the trial for  "Screen Movie Recorder"
Because im making cod commentaries, and since i have red ring i thought id do cod4.
Well it was EXTREMELY Laggy.
Ive found a bunch through google, but i dont know which ones are legit and which ones make it seem like im the worst player to set foot on call of duty.
Help?

You need to be more specific, what are you trying to record?  Are you trying to record matches, or just yourself playing?
Can't help you with the worst player in cod part though. :P

Ok, well first off because its funny, the video would only show you as the "worst player to set foot on call of duty" if you are.

Secondly, computers do not have internal camera's.

Thirdly, Your computer likely is not powerful enough to run the screen recording app, and Cod4, this is often the case when video is laggy, not because the actual recording app is bad. Make sure everything but the recording app and cod4 are off, and try again.
If that doesn't help, try it without cod4 running and see if its lagging then, if so then start looking for another one. Also make sure the settings are set correctly to record at the frame-rate you want.

If all of the above doesn't help you come back for suggestions of better screen recording apps, however none of the free mac or PC recording apps are good, so you will have to lay down some money to get a better one.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

If you are using PC XFire actually does decent recordings.

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

While xfire does do a decent job, Khyler has a Mac so unfortunately he can't use it. The best one out there is Screenflow, but unfortunately it's 100 bucks, but it's worth it! lol

There's no free screen recorder for mac last time I check. Trials are... well... trials.

#TYBG

Quote from: Radical_Pi on February 17, 2010, 08:25:35 PM
If you are using PC XFire actually does decent recordings.

Xfire sucks dude. Ping spikes and lag. Especially if the computer is semi old.

Go with Fraps. Cracked versions are easy to find on the internet =P
.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD
Droideka: that sounded gay

http://www.jingproject.com/

Check out this, i was looking about and see this, being free its worth the shot. - I don't love it, but its not the worst i've tried.

wow guys ik you hate.... apple but comon. Quicktime X comes standard on a mac. You can record video, audio, and screenshots right off your computer. just go to the application and select new screen recording and it should record you screen. now depending on your computer's speed will affect the lag you experience. it is free exclusively to mac. If you upgrade to Quicktime Pro (30$ i think) on Windows then you will receive similar features.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Generally, quicktime a really poor screen recorder for anything but desktop recording (small tutorials) because it doesn't handle a change in media, say i wanted to record a game of cod4, i start it recording then start up cod4, the recording would stop and the error come up.

Quote from: Russell on February 18, 2010, 05:17:32 PM
wow guys ik you hate.... apple but comon. Quicktime X comes standard on a mac. You can record video, audio, and screenshots right off your computer. just go to the application and select new screen recording and it should record you screen. now depending on your computer's speed will affect the lag you experience. it is free exclusively to mac. If you upgrade to Quicktime Pro (30$ i think) on Windows then you will receive similar features.

Recording video, audio, and screenshots aren't new technology that'll make people like me go "Woah! This is amazing!" For recording your screen, the best program for OSX is Screenflow, there isn't an alternative that I was ever happy with. For Windows, I'd go with Fraps because it was designed for games so that's the BEST available.

#TYBG

Can we get back on topic please? Deleted irrelevant posts.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)