Microsoft Windows
7 (35%)
Linux
3 (15%)
BSD
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Quote from: Hardcore on November 17, 2009, 11:54:48 PM
You, when you USE google, give them that right.

Look at it this way, say you go to the same store for all your food ever, when you go to this store they keep record of what you got, they do this so they can restock, know their market, know what type of people they are providing for and so on so they can always have food ect.

Saying that you don't agree with that, what is tracking? your saying i shouldn't have the right to walk behind you and watch what you are doing?.....because that is tracking, in a less hidden manner but none the less its tracking.

So with that said, i want to see you try and run a business without tracking people, or heck doing a SINGLE day without tracking someone in some way.

Now if google wanted to overthrow the universe its in the right foot, but seeing that if google did overthrow the universe we would all be killed by google bots why does it matter?

No but really, google is just a big business, they have search engine down, what is next? they expand..... ads and after that phones/browsers ect. They are the same as ANY good business growing, thriving and expanding into new fields 10 years ago you would be hard pressed to find a cellphone in a grocery store, now its common practice. even gas stations have cheap ones why? because it fits into the target market, providing for its buyers in all respects, at SOME point google i'm sure will end up making a computer, likely with the help of a computer company but none the less.
sorry hardcore but the fact that google has such a monopoly over an industry is illegal. Thats why all the major phone carriers sued AT&T over have a monopoly over iPhone. One company having an monopoly over an industry isnt complimenting competitive pricing or the economy, thats why i think the government needs to step in. Those grocery stores have an actual reason to track purchases. However, google has the power to track locations, purchases, and possibly phone calls. The fact that they can track location is unsettling. I dont want some company to know my every move just because i wanna get directions for my vacation do you?

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Nah its not illegal, and no they dont have the monopoly. Bing and Yahoo still compete.

EDIT: Also the idea that "OH MAN THEIR GUNNA COME AFTER ME" They can't.

A. No intent.

b. illegale for them to stalk you.

Come on guys, try and divert this back on topic. I don't want to have to close it.

Quote from: Blade on November 18, 2009, 12:24:37 PM
Nah its not illegal, and no they dont have the monopoly. Bing and Yahoo still compete.

EDIT: Also the idea that "OH MAN THEIR GUNNA COME AFTER ME" They can't.

A. No intent.

b. illegale for them to stalk you.
ok first of all the idea that bing and yahoo compete is a joke. they barely are a factor anymore. Also the fact that someone is illegal doesnt really stop anyone any more. The fact is that everyday some is doing something illegal and no one knows about it.

correctly taken. both the link and this topic and all its content are good reading.

Quote from: Russell on November 18, 2009, 01:21:06 PM
ok first of all the idea that bing and yahoo compete is a joke. they barely are a factor anymore.

Just compare the market share of macs vs. windowss (puts on anti-flame suit). I'm sure you still consider macs to be a competitor to windows. It's just that people don't go out proclaiming "I USE BING AS MY SEARCH ENGINE" so it's not as noticeable

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

Quote from: Radical_Pi on November 21, 2009, 11:41:29 AM
Just compare the market share of macs vs. windowss (puts on anti-flame suit). I'm sure you still consider macs to be a competitor to windows. It's just that people don't go out proclaiming "I USE BING AS MY SEARCH ENGINE" so it's not as noticeable
the only reason windows has such a large market share is because all the schools use Windows. Im sure that if you subtracted all the schools, corporations, and other organizations and focused on personal use, Mac would be nearly the same.

Uh, no. That's simply not true.

For one, Macs are used just as much in the educational world as PCs. Every single school I have ever attended has had Macs used in classes. Macs were actually used before Windows was even around in the educational systems. Most companies focused on design use Macs. Most technology companies use PCs.

Secondly, Macs are expensive. People don't want to buy something expensive for the exact same basic functionality of something else.

There is no reason for us to have a debate over this topic when there is absolutely nothing to debate over. Windows has a larger market share in almost every single industry or field than Macs do. That's all there is to it. It's a provable fact. Google has a larger market share in the search engine industry than any other. That doesn't mean the others don't exist, or aren't important, or aren't better. It just means that they aren't as popular.

I know that we all want to be rabid fanboys on this topic for some reason, because it really matters to the world which operating system we use. Nobody cares.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Although JK, if I am remembering correctly aren't you UK Russel? In which case pretty much every school uses Windows, bar a few of the independent and academy schools, which use Macs.

The main reason being that with a limited budget, schools can't afford Macs, they are just not as cost effective as PC's, as the state education system over here is not based on the quality, but rather doing everything as cheaply as possible. I myself have given up using the PC's at school for my artwork, choosing to use my own at home.

And I couldn't put this any better than JK has:

Quote from: JedikillerThere is no reason for us to have a debate over this topic when there is absolutely nothing to debate over. Windows has a larger market share in almost every single industry or field than Macs do. That's all there is to it. It's a provable fact. Google has a larger market share in the search engine industry than any other. That doesn't mean the others don't exist, or aren't important, or aren't better. It just means that they aren't as popular.

I know that we all want to be rabid fanboys on this topic for some reason, because it really matters to the world which operating system we use. Nobody cares.

no guys, im american. maybe it is just the high schools ive been to but they are incredibly "anti-mac" there isnt a singe Mac computer in the school. Neither was there in my middle or elementary school. Also, im my school all are computers are federally funded, so prices arent really an issue. My point is that yes Mac's are more expensive but you do save alot of money with things included with a mac like built in word processors and all that jazz. With windows there have been over 100,000 worldwide viruses while MAc have had a very small number. You know why? Cause no one bothers to make viruses for computers that own only a 7% market share. :P

Quote from: Jedikiller on November 21, 2009, 02:40:44 PM
Uh, no. That's simply not true.

For one, Macs are used just as much in the educational world as PCs. Every single school I have ever attended has had Macs used in classes. Macs were actually used before Windows was even around in the educational systems. Most companies focused on design use Macs. Most technology companies use PCs.

Secondly, Macs are expensive. People don't want to buy something expensive for the exact same basic functionality of something else.

There is no reason for us to have a debate over this topic when there is absolutely nothing to debate over. Windows has a larger market share in almost every single industry or field than Macs do. That's all there is to it. It's a provable fact. Google has a larger market share in the search engine industry than any other. That doesn't mean the others don't exist, or aren't important, or aren't better. It just means that they aren't as popular.

sorry jedikiller im going to have to stop you there. "Which OS is the best?" is one of the most debated questions in technology. So yes alot of people care

No, nobody really does. Fanboys are everywhere, and there are sure a lot of them on this forum.

Does it matter which OS you use? No. Not at all.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)