Felucia: Marshland (Delta1 Released!)

Started by Jedikiller, September 18, 2009, 11:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
(info from my own attempt to convert the map)
There are a few incompatible parameters and functions used for the foliage, which may be the reason why they don't show up (or SWBF may just not like the picture format, like the bump maps used for the ground textures on the map which give an error during the munging operation).
The Fungal Root is not green as it uses a rendering flag which is incompatible with SWBF (at least, I think it's supposed to be green).

P.S. I'm pretty sure the objectives are different, according to the SWBF2 localisation files...
"I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I'd planned. It would continue falling into that starry expanse, of which I had only a fleeting glimpse..."

I think Jedikiller copied the Historical Campaign objective there.

'Course, it would be cool, and so much harder, if there were Acklays.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: ggctuk on September 24, 2009, 01:06:15 AM
What software did you use to get the skirts on the units? 

I know they're Force Sensitive, but their powers differ between each version of the game. They had a Force Bomb attack in one version of the game but mostly they either ran or when cornered tried to club the player to death.

I just use XSI since the skirt is from one of the Pandemic models, and I have a few units that I've slowly boned in XSI over the years (Jedi and Clones) which people may notice I reuse over and over again, with some kitbashing done usually just to the head to make an "all new" unit.  I don't particularly like XSI (since I'm a Lightwave user normally) nor am I that proficient in it, but since this is where the MSH exporter is, it makes things much less complicated just to do any kitbashing within that 3d program.

I didn't realize the Felucians had actual force powers... interesting.

do believe in the DS version they had Force Shields too, but they were relatively weak and could easily be cut down. Perhaps it was not intended but in the DS their shields also repelled Blaster fire. But their shields wore them down easily too.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Also, in TFU there was a "Felucian Shaman" character that could control other Felucians to attack you at command or something. The Shaman was much more powerful than the normal felucian.

Isn't the Shaman the one that has the red war paint?  I remember him standing next to Shaak-Ti in one of the cutscenes.  I was thinking of making a skin for him too.

I guess I may give these guys some kind of basic power that suggests "Force" but doesn't make them Jedi-level force users. Perhaps just a slow self-healing ability?  Right now I'm using the Felucian as the main trooper unit, but that may make them a bit weak against their counterpart BDs since they only have the bonesword throw as their long-range attack.  They do have 2.5x the health as other units which would make them survive a blaster attack long enough to reach the enemy and crush them though.  I'm open to suggestions here...

Perhaps a short-range Force Energy attack that acts similar to a mortar?
In Progress:

On Hold:

Just realised something - shouldn't the name of the map be "Felucia: Marshland"?
"I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I'd planned. It would continue falling into that starry expanse, of which I had only a fleeting glimpse..."

I think so but I'm not certain.
In Progress:

On Hold:

It's a simple matter to rename it, I guess.

In terms of foliage- it seems to have moved itself way outside the map. I guess I can try and fix it, but there are some layer issues that prevent me editing a lot. It appears that the foliage, and therefore, a great number of the bugs listed in this topic, are on a layer that crashes ZeroEdit, so I will have to go through and place the foliage myself.

Thanks for the feedback all- Nap, I look forward to playing your mod. It looks excellent, as is usual.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

This map is amazing, not to mention beautiful. Especially around the river. It's great, it would be so awesome to see it online. I think I'll host a DC server later with the newer conversions. Great job on the conversion Jedikiller, although some of the foliage you can shoot or walk right through, and some spaces between plants are blocked. But nothing that limits gameplay.

On a different note, why were we even considering putting vehicles on this map? There's not enough room.

In SWBF2, there is plenty room for small walkers like AT-STs

Quote from: Jedikiller on September 25, 2009, 06:18:37 AM
It's a simple matter to rename it, I guess.

In terms of foliage- it seems to have moved itself way outside the map. I guess I can try and fix it, but there are some layer issues that prevent me editing a lot. It appears that the foliage, and therefore, a great number of the bugs listed in this topic, are on a layer that crashes ZeroEdit, so I will have to go through and place the foliage myself.

I've noticed BF2 hintnodes also crash the map often. Plus, sometimes water doesn't munge. Claims the water's an extra layer.
In Progress:

On Hold:

OK, quick update:

I have localized CPs to their proper namings- thank you Pi.
I have changed the name of the map- thank you Satellite.
I have fixed the CP that would not let you spawn.
I have not added foliage since that seems to remove all the change I make to the map and I don't really feel like doing those again for something of negligble importance.
For the above reason, water had to be redone. I think it's better now.
I have determined to not add vehicles. The map simply seems to small and cramped for them in my opinion and it doesn't really need them.

Expect a Delta release in the coming hours, assuming all goes well. This will likely be the last release of the map unless there are more bugs to fix.

September 28, 2009, 06:36:35 PM #59 Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 07:39:54 PM by Buckler