Call of Duty: Black Ops

Started by Hardcore, April 30, 2010, 08:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Taking up where MW2 has left off, Trayarch will be developing a modern Call of Duty Black Ops game, not Vietnam like had been suggested multiple times.

We can't wait for our community to experience Call of Duty: Black Ops," said Mark Lamia, Studio Head for Treyarch. "We have focused our entire studio on this game, with dedicated multiplayer, single-player and co-op teams creating the most intense, gripping and riveting experience possible for our fans on all fronts."

For more information, visit www.callofduty.com/blackops immediately following the game's appearance on GameTrailers TV on Spike this Friday and also, via Twitter at JD_2020.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5528033/new-treyarch-developed-call-of-duty-hits-nov-9-with-likely-modern-setting
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

This was leaked a long time ago, only now confirmed.
Vietnam will be in the game as it was in the leaked info. The name just isn't Vietnam.

April 30, 2010, 11:05:36 AM #2 Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 11:13:17 AM by Hardcore
It was also said that this will be in the modern style, so i'd guess that atleast one or two levels are in vietnam, purely to show the birth of the Black Ops, like it says it will show.

but what i mainly mean by it won't be Vietnam, is that the game won't be based on that era and gameplay only from what i gather.

But ofcorse all of this will in likely hood be told tonight when the trailer shows.

I will be Vietnam, cold war timeperiod, so lots of stealth in the "war" agaiinst Russia... Black ops fit.
Also it was already know. That it's Vietnam. Months ago treyarch had an add for voice actors for  Vietnam missions.
If you don't believe me, kotaku just put up a new post confirming it.
Vietnam, Cuba, arctic AT LEAST.
Once again, this is probably against Russia like mw2 and cod4 just the cold war time period

BTW, THE BLACK OPS TRAILER COMES ON TONIGHT AT 1230am!

What i mean by its not a vietnam cod game it is set that your not going to be playing as a troop that was active during the Vietnam war, like most people suspected for the past months and so forth, your going to be playing as Black ops operatives and doing missions that are deemed black ops, likely assassinations, spying, sabotage, gathering intel, ect. thats all i ment, i don't disbelieve you.

This game. Seems. Overrated. Wayy too many cods coming out. I personally, am dedicating myself to halo reach.
.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD
Droideka: that sounded gay

Activision wants a Call of Duty game every year. That's why they alternate from Infinity Ward (practically defunct now) and Treyarch (Inferior).

#TYBG

Quote from: ag on May 03, 2010, 02:38:03 PM
Activision wants a Call of Duty game every year. That's why they alternate from Infinity Ward (practically defunct now) and Treyarch (Inferior).

WHA?!?!? IW is the bomb.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Quote from: Soap Mactavish on May 03, 2010, 04:44:04 PM

WHA?!?!? IW is the bomb.
There is no more IW, basically.
Activision made a smart move in firing them, they had so much hype, they lazily put together a broken game.
This is true to its fullest.
Modern Warfare 2, is a broken, unpolished game, covered by it's hype.

doesnt matter if it was a crappy game tho. It sold tens of millions of copies.

So that makes IW the bomb?
And it was 25+ million, only because of its hype, why was my point...
Half the people who bought it are little halo or gta4 kids who saw it looked cool, never even played a cod game before.

May 03, 2010, 05:22:17 PM #12 Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 06:45:26 PM by Soap Mactavish
**edit** didnt like my first response

No, to the consumer it doesnt make IW the bomb. But to the publisher of the game (activison) it makes them a big deal, as Activision makes a royalty of some sort off each game sold. Which means that Activision has no logical need to fire IW, even if IW did rip them off, that is in-substancial to all the money Activision has and *will* make off IW.

Quote from: Hardcore on April 30, 2010, 08:27:46 AM
Taking up where MW2 has left off, Trayarch will be developing a modern Call of Duty Black Ops game, not Vietnam like had been suggested multiple times.

We can't wait for our community to experience Call of Duty: Black Ops," said Mark Lamia, Studio Head for Treyarch. "We have focused our entire studio on this game, with dedicated multiplayer, single-player and co-op teams creating the most intense, gripping and riveting experience possible for our fans on all fronts."

For more information, visit www.callofduty.com/blackops immediately following the game's appearance on GameTrailers TV on Spike this Friday and also, via Twitter at JD_2020.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5528033/new-treyarch-developed-call-of-duty-hits-nov-9-with-likely-modern-setting

Not interested in the slightest.

Treyarch has done bad jobs with all of its games so far. Treyarch is nothing but a glorified group of modders; they take IWs assets and make them worse.

Call of Duty 3 was abysmal, and Call of Duty 5 was worse than Call of Duty 4. It was still an okay game, but it was worse than a game that came out a full year earlier.
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

ehh Nazi zombies was alright