Bungie joins Activision

Started by Hardcore, April 29, 2010, 09:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
The Halo series after Halo Reach will no longer be a 360 Exclusive and they will publish for what consoles they want, likely all of the main consoles.

I'm somewhat suprised at Bungie joining with Activison so soon, after the long times of saying they wanted to be "free" to make the games as they wanted, but we'll see how it works out i guess.

More info: http://kotaku.com/5527119/halo-developer-joins-forces-with-activision
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

I'm dissapointed by this, with activision being the money hog it is, and my love for Bungie.
BTW, reach is the last halo. So no ps3 halos, fortunatly.

Well thats not entirely true, MS has made it very clear that they still hold and support Halo, and will keep doing so they also have hinted at a Halo themed MMO and so on, so i wouldn't count out the Halo Series.

But yes, Bungie is done with Halo they said today that there next game won't touch any of the pervious series they have worked on and will be completely new, i'm likely to guess this is ether a MMO of their own devise or possibly something like MAG, we'll have to wait and see tho.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

To a point, I like this. I mix of a COD game with HALO seems to be one of the best fps ever made. On the other hand, Khyler's right. Activision is such a money hog that Bungie seems to be at a lost.
.:AM:. Quik <3: ag..
.:AM:. Quik <3: his avatar...
.:AM:. Quik <3: is really gay..
.:AM:. Quik <3: lol
Droideka: avatar isn't gay!
Droideka: AG is

.:AM:. Quik <3: don't worry, i like you
.:AM:. Quik <3: that's all that matters
Droideka: NOO
Droideka: i only care about BD
Droideka: that sounded gay

im not an expert on this situation, but all Activision did was publish CoD. Just because Activision is involved in this partnership doesnt mean CoD will involved even remotely. CoD is solely Treyarch and IW's thing. (once again, i may be wrong i am not sure.)

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Quote from: quik on May 03, 2010, 12:46:26 PM
To a point, I like this. I mix of a COD game with HALO seems to be one of the best fps ever made. On the other hand, Khyler's right. Activision is such a money hog that Bungie seems to be at a lost.

Actually, Halo Reach is Halo, CoDified.
(Not that it's a bad thing, bungie can do anything better than IW/Treyarch ever can)

Quote from: Soap Mactavish on May 03, 2010, 04:47:06 PM
im not an expert on this situation, but all Activision did was publish CoD. Just because Activision is involved in this partnership doesnt mean CoD will involved even remotely. CoD is solely Treyarch and IW's thing. (once again, i may be wrong i am not sure.)

The actual games of COD are Treyarch and IW respectively, but Activision owns the rights. They can tell any of their studios to make a COD game. However, Bungie is effectively signed on in such a way that they can do whatever they want and Activision just gets to sell it. Rest assured, Bungie will not make a COD game ever.
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

Quote from: Khyler on May 03, 2010, 05:00:23 PM
Actually, Halo Reach is Halo, CoDified.
(Not that it's a bad thing, bungie can do anything better than IW/Treyarch ever can)

I wouldn't say "CoDified".  More like Halo, but "Shadowrunified".  The sandbox designer for Halo Reach also was the sandbox designer for Shadowrun.  And the games are VERY similar.  I'd say the idea of Armor Abilities definitely came from Shadowrun, as did the characteristics of the bloom.

Well if Bungie ever does have to make a COD game, at least it will have one of the best story lines out of all of them. And they actually might have the ability to drive vehicles.