Platform Wars Redux- War 1

Started by Jedikiller, July 23, 2009, 04:45:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
All right! Looks like we have a pretty good lineup so far. Just two more days, guys!

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Well it's unfortunate, but I have a maybe 5% chance of actually attending this. My computer's fan decided to give out this last week, so SWBF cannot run effectively. I will be taking in my computer tomorrow or Saturday, (ONCE MORE) and thus I will have to regrettably miss the rebirth of the Platform Wars.

Sorry to hear Vanir.

I was a tad unsure about showng up (possible trip) but turns out I am leaving Sunday so im good!

Hi everyone,

I am getting the server setup today for the weekend.  It will be served at 30 frame per second, so make sure your graphics are set to handle the load.  I will have a server set up through work (the one  I used for the weekend DC's a while back) and I can use my home server if needed.

The server IP will be 130.160.60.47.  It will be active after 6:00 pm eastern time Friday Night.  Feel free to go on and practice before the match.  I am using Kamino as a buffer map.

At the start of the match time, players will capture CP's on the existing maps as Empire or Clones, and advance the map list to Kamino. We will go over any rules, etc. at that time.  The match will then commence, as directed by Jedikiller.

Please note that the first map in the match may not be Cloud City, since I am opening the server early so that players can check graphics setting, check their ping, and practice.  Whatever map come first, we will start at that point and loop back through the progression according to the list below. 

You may want to write down the list so that you know what side you are on.

In case of server failure, check the MPCgamers shout box for the alternate IP address.

The server settings I will use are: 
-team damage on
-30 ticks or frames per second
-choose your side
-no spawn protect
-I will make a maximum of 20 players

Kamino:  buffer map, make rules clear.

Cloud City GCW:  Macs Empire
Cloud City GCW:  PC's Empire

The Maze CW:  Macs  CIS
The Maze CW:  PC's CIS

Kamino:  buffer map, refreshment break

Death Star Interior GCW: PC's Empire
Death Star Interior GCW: Macs Empire

Jabba's Palace CW:   PC's CIS
Jabba's Palace CW:   Macs CIS

Kamino:  buffer map, refreshment break

Arm Chair Assualt GCW:  Macs Empire
Arm Chair Assualt GCW:  PC's Empire

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Is there not a second AA Map?

Also in the case of a server failure I can host, it will take me prolly 10 mins to Port forward but after that I will have the fastest Upload and Download here....

>Is there not a second AA Map?

Not sure what you mean, Bomb.

The first time, AA--macs will be empire
The second time, AA-PC's will be empire

Buckler
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

oh im sorry I was skimming it and misread it since I was so tired lol.

Thanks man!

Server IP: 130.160.60.47

First post updated.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

count me in for the pc's! Pc's rule!! =P good luck macs u'll need it! xD

Quote from: WuVG.Cytex on July 31, 2009, 06:13:21 PM
count me in for the pc's! Pc's rule!! =P good luck macs u'll need it! xD

Funny cause it's true.

#TYBG

aww, looks like i cant make it this time, sorry PC buddies :(

_(VS)_ Head Lead
Yankee

aww thats too bad yankee  (:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:) (mac party at my house)

August 01, 2009, 04:21:32 AM #42 Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 06:30:11 AM by Jedikiller
NOTICE TO ALL

In the case of a server failure since the Shoutbox has been removed, as I stated before I most likely have the fastest server other then Buckler, so in the case of it failing today, I will post here with IP and the rest of the maps being played and then rehost. After this post wait 3 minutes and join, it will start on Kamino as a BUFFER MAP (And I will NOT answer questions of whether or not it is a buffer map) then once JK is in, he will announce the start.

Of course lets hope this doesn't happen but just putting it out in case.

Can i still be in it? If so i have to be on the Mac side. Lets go Mac's  :tu:

Of course you can be in it! (Anyone can to my knowledge at least :P)