Greetings

Started by PyroJockey, January 25, 2012, 07:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Greetings,

I'm PyroJockey and I've been blowing stuff up in video games since 1978 (Space Invaders). My all-time favorite video game is the Descent series, originally released in 1995. Descent is where my gamertag is derived from and I still play it today.

I am of course a fan of the Star Wars franchise and was at the first showings of episodes IV, V, VI and I (yes, I'm that old). My sons got me involved with the PS2 version of the Battlefront series. I am a software engineer by trade and got involved with modding the dedicated server via HEX editing. I saw this as a challenge since the PS2 version was never intended to be modified (unlike the PC and XBox versions). I like to push it to the edge and see how far it can go.

I currently run 3 SWBFII servers with 2 other partners that run 24/7 in the 3 international regions, North America, Europe and Japan. While Sony didn't allow for cross region play, I did find ways around that and we occasionally host international events.

I also have the PC versions of the Battlefront series and am a fan of Valve games such as the Portal and Half Life series. I'm also on the lookout for any new 6DOF shooters such as Miner Wars, which is still in development but I have the pre-alpha version.

Disclaimer: The SWBFII servers we run are "Glitching" servers.  :td: Yeah, yeah, I know. While glitching is allowed in our servers , we do not condone, advocate or encourage glitching in any non-glitching servers. The servers act as a sandbox for testing my mods and I let the kids play in them. I don't glitch in any other servers and I advise our members not to either. :whip:

There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish
noble deeds. Then there's the rest of the times you just want to blow s--- up.

Blowing s--- up since 1978

Hi PyroJockey,

Welcome to our site.  We have Tirpider here, who plays PS2 SWBF, and the PC side has picked up a few converts from PS2 and Macs.  Let us know if we can help with anything.

:cheers:

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Hey pyro!  I see you got my message ^^

Welcome, PyroJockey.

Good to see more ps2 players :)

I'd love to know more about the HEXes you've put on the ps2 server.
I got a little one, but it rarely gets anyone on it. (TheShop, North America)
I haven't messed with hacking it, but if I run across any groovy(or non-groovy) ps2 hacks or mods, I'll let you know.

Got my start on a Space Invaders machine as well. It was in the snack bar of a local department store.
Can't remember if it was all green or if it had the colored filter on the glass....

Anyway, welcome aboard.

You're Avatar is tripping me out, I approve of your membership.

Welcome!

This is a nice .gif you have there! Very nice! Welcome!