Battlefront News! Battlefront DELAYED!?

Started by SWBFCentral, December 08, 2013, 01:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I concluded some of the latest news on Star Wars Battlefront including news that Battlefront is Possibly DELAYED as battlefield 4's buglist continues to rise and DICE have ceased production on all future projects and expansions to focus on fixing Battlefield 4. There is also some other news about EA Canada possibly producing a new SW based Open world game!

Any feedback you guys have is MUCH appreciated, I am always looking for other peoples opinion on the matter :)
This is my Star Wars Battlefront news channel, feel free to check it out if you are looking for a good place to catch up on the latest Battlefront News.
www.YouTube.com/SWBFCentral

Haha, Yesh. I knew they'd hit a pot hole somewhere..
I can't wait to see what happens...

It get's here when it gets here.   After 10 years, another year is just 10% more waiting.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Buckler on December 08, 2013, 01:43:46 PM
It get's here when it gets here.   After 10 years, another year is just 10% more waiting.

Completely agree with you :) After waiting this long i don't really mind waiting a bit longer.
This is my Star Wars Battlefront news channel, feel free to check it out if you are looking for a good place to catch up on the latest Battlefront News.

From what I heard Dice are delaying work on other games to fix battlefield 4 but I doubt that would affect battlefront much because that's being made by a new studio that's separate from the battlefield one. That's how I understood it anyway. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: -ChristmasCommando- on December 08, 2013, 01:31:27 PM
Haha, Yesh. I knew they'd hit a pot hole somewhere..
I can't wait to see what happens...
Hopefully it doesnt impact the game much, If all goes well this will only make them work harder, instead of dawdling by on a schedule.

Well i dont know how far they are...but this already looks amazing :D

Like a mixture of SWBF, JK, Force Unleashed and CoD/Battlefront

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Ah, that was a couple of developers ago  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Yea sorry Verik, this is what happens when you rush things, thats why I only pre-ordered AC4 and Ghosts
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on December 08, 2013, 01:55:47 PM
From what I heard Dice are delaying work on other games to fix battlefield 4 but I doubt that would affect battlefront much because that's being made by a new studio that's separate from the battlefield one. That's how I understood it anyway. :)
It will affect Battlefront, Its just that because Battlefront has no confirmed release date we will never know if it did or not, Also DICE Stockholm are developing Battlefront, they are the Battlefield 4 developers, DICE Los Angeles, the same studio that developed the Medal of Honor series are taking a more supportive role in development.

Quote from: SWBFCentral on December 09, 2013, 12:12:28 AM
It will affect Battlefront, Its just that because Battlefront has no confirmed release date we will never know if it did or not, Also DICE Stockholm are developing Battlefront, they are the Battlefield 4 developers, DICE Los Angeles, the same studio that developed the Medal of Honor series are taking a more supportive role in development.
Now I'm really confused. I read a story that said;
'Whether DICE has really stopped working on other games while all this is going on of course no one but them can tell. It certainly seems unlikely that development of Star Wars: Battlefront would be affected though, as that's being created by a new studio in the US.'

Like you say it's probably going to affect it in some way if more than one studio is working on it. As long as they don't have to rush it for a deadline it should be fine. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: Darth Verik on December 08, 2013, 02:08:42 PM

That's the cancelled FreeRadical title. Stay with the program maaaan.

Quote from: {PLA}gdh92 on December 09, 2013, 04:37:09 AM
Now I'm really confused. I read a story that said;
'Whether DICE has really stopped working on other games while all this is going on of course no one but them can tell. It certainly seems unlikely that development of Star Wars: Battlefront would be affected though, as that's being created by a new studio in the US.'

Like you say it's probably going to affect it in some way if more than one studio is working on it. As long as they don't have to rush it for a deadline it should be fine. :)
All I've watched and read say the same people who have made BF4 are going to make SWBFIII.

Quote from: Darth Verik on December 08, 2013, 02:08:42 PM

Haha! Yes! Finally, someone took Star Fox's advice a did a barrel roll :P (3:12 in the vid)

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

December 09, 2013, 10:37:22 AM #14 Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 10:39:15 AM by 411Remnant
Seeing as we have almost no information except for the brief statements from DICE, its hard to tell how this will effect battlefront's current development (Though im assuming it will take anywhere between a few weeks to a month to fix BF4). Respectably, EA needs to get their stuff together. Give your game dev's enough time to fix bugs and problems because essentially they gave customers an unfinished game. Its things like this that worries me, EA didn't give DICE enough time to iron out most of the problems. They better not do this to battlefront, they have 2 years to finish it so they have more than enough time.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant