Battlefield 4 System Requirements ANNOUNCED!

Started by Kit Fisto, October 02, 2013, 06:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
There are several places online where you can pick your pc parts, and they build it for you.  You get a much better price and product than the pre-built systems out there.

Here is a link to a AMD FX 6 core PC (part configuration), that fits the minimum requirements for BF4:
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/AMD_Six_Core_Configurator/

Selecting the a minimum video card requirement (that they carried) was +25 (GTX 650), I de-selected 1TB HD for 500GB and that was -10.  Price in the low $600.  And you can always add more to your system if you have money to spend. 

You have to remember, summer 2015 is a long time away, and if the requirements for SWBF3 are similar to BF4, the prices on graphics cards and processors, etc, will have gone down. 

Also helpful, here is a GPU(graphics card) hierarchy list, to see where your current card ranks, etc;
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html

Quote from: BlackScorpion on October 03, 2013, 08:20:19 PM
Seems a bit overkill on the RAM for gaming.

That was based on Kit's battlefield 4 requirements.  Don't get me wrong, I don't drop a grand on a whim, but for what you get for $1000 for a refurb HP it should last you a while.  (And every official refurb HP I have gotten looked brand new to me.)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Here is a related thread at Tom's Hardware.  Users talk about how much FPS they are getting with their CPU/GPU in BF4 here:
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1825501/cpu-bf4.html

Ah SK, why do you want the "digital storm Aventum Mark 2" with the NVIDIA GTX "6 GB Titan" when you could have the "Cyberpower Black Mamba Fang 3"  with two crossfire or SLI linked Titans and an equally stupid name  (see http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Fang_III_-_Black_Mamba).

And also for half the price. 

Sure, maybe it doesn't have cooling, but you have glaciers right ?  Just open a window.....

But wait, does your country have enough electricity in its national grid to power one of these things ? :P

Btw, you've missed me yes ?

Look again Roland. That is a system with three Titan's and a hex core i7. With that kind of power I would want the high quality cooling Digital Storm offers. If not because I hate it when a computer runs too loud. Also Digital Storms offers Tesla cards as well. I'm a sucker for powerful computer hardware.

Hm, you may be right about the power... However if I did get one I suppose I could just power it by chucking one of my sisters' dogs onto a treadmill. Just stick a bit of food at the end and Bob isn't your uncle but you still have power.

Macs are PC's now, ever since they adopted the x86 architecture and left powerpc processors behind.  You could say however, "No Mac OS version".  No reason why you can't run Windows on your Mac (as well as Mac OS and or Linux).

Many people even run Mac OS on non-Apple PC's.

That's true. I just can't afford two systems, and most of my software is Mac.

I like how they recommend Windows 8. I wonder what they were paid to do that. It says something about EA.

Quote from: hippox99 on November 25, 2013, 04:01:45 PM
I like how they recommend Windows 8. I wonder what they were paid to do that. It says something about EA.
Windows 8's internals are better than Windows 7 if you deny that you're kidding yourself. (Which could equal better performance and more FPS.) It's the interface that annoys me.

Windows 8 has DX 11.2. Do your research.

DICE didn't get paid by anyone.

#TYBG

November 26, 2013, 05:20:16 AM #27 Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 05:24:56 AM by hippox99
No reason why Windows 7 shouldn't be able to do DX 11.2 ! It's a greedy act by Microsoft only designed to get people to buy Windows 8. And it works so well, doesn't it?

DirectX is stagnation, anyhow. Let's hope for an open source alternative to anything Microsoft that can become the new standard. Steam OS is a good step in the right direction.

And if you think that Windows 8's going to achieve a noticeable higher frame rate than Windows 7 then 'haha' is all I can say.

I said could not will.

As I already said Windows 8 is a better OS under the hood than 7. It may have changes that Direct X 11.2 benefits from. (Unlikely.) Or Microsoft simply didn't want to pay the money to develop for an older OS that is no longer making them money. (Very likely)

Put simply Microsoft doesn't care about PC gaming. There simply aren't enough. Windows is used by well over a 100 million people world wide. Only a small fraction of those people will be gamers. Compared to the tens of millions of Xbox gamers. Which one does it make more sense to invest in?

It's not a case of Microsoft wanting people to upgrade to Windows 8. It's a case of Microsoft not caring enough to invest the money in developing for Windows 7 as well. It simply doesn't make sense to spend money developing for an older OS that is no longer making you money to fund that development.

Also.
And if you think that Windows 8's going to achieve a noticeable higher frame rate than Windows 7 then 'haha' is all I can say.
Tell me how well do you understand how a game works under the hood?

November 26, 2013, 06:16:36 AM #29 Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 06:24:08 AM by hippox99
I agree with you that Microsoft do not care much about PC gaming. They're a big soulless company, as you say in other words. They have more interest in their console for gaming, and they don't want to compete with themselves. But they're fools, the PC will live on and hopefully it'll leave Microsoft behind in the dust someday together with stagnation. Why should we depend on such as Microsoft? Why feed the wolf that steals your cattle? Microsoft = monopoly, stagnation.

Windows 8 might be better under the hood, as you say, but is it enough to warrant buying a new OS to play BF4? That's insane.

BTW: Halo 3 exclusively to Windows 8? Such cheap tactics by M$. But we'll see if just a rumor. They did it with Halo 2 for Vista, remember.