Battlefield 4 System Requirements ANNOUNCED!

Started by Kit Fisto, October 02, 2013, 06:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Battlefield 4 system requirements for the PC have been announced! How does this relate to Dice's new SWBF game? Well they are running the same engine so chances are Dice's SWBF will have the same or almost the same system requirements.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Can you run the game?

The requirements won't be the same, mark my words. DICE is already moving away from the old hardware of the Xbox 360 and PS3 with the new Mirror's Edge. (And man does that game look impressive.)

If the PS3 and Xbox 360 (They could very well be their if EA feels like they need to stick with 7th generation to bring in a profit.) aren't there to bottleneck the new SWBF, the requirements will go up.

October 02, 2013, 07:34:57 PM #2 Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 07:41:32 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: Kit Fisto on October 02, 2013, 06:33:18 PM
Battlefield 4 system requirements for the PC have been announced! How does this relate to Dice's new SWBF game? Well they are running the same engine so chances are Dice's SWBF will have the same or almost the same system requirements.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Can you run the game?

To-Do List (for me):
1. GET A JOB NEXT SUMMER (to buy new computer/parts)
2. Buy new computer to replace crummy laptop
3a. (optional) Salvage old, crappy desktop and replace specific components
3b. BUY FRICKIN' SWBF/Get Steam/Buy Minecraft PC/Buy Guns of Icarus Online/Download Warsow/Rearrange PC Gaming restrictions

LOL. Its so far out of my league it's humorous.

I has da beta
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

And........ I know it's supposed to be awesome and everything but... seems a little ridiculous.  Minimum requirements are good (if you haven't gotten off of XP yet, good luck...).  Recommended is unbelievable.  To get a desktop like that you would have to have a big piggy bank, and then some, but I guess that will eventually be the standard.  One day we will be sitting around with 40 TB hard drives, 500 GB RAM, 350 GB Dedicated graphics, and Intel Lightspeed processors, and it still won't be fast enough.  At least they still let some of us get away with Vista (Vista at home, 7 on laptop).

But we all know the hardcore gamers (and even many casual gamers) will get it...  and this is where I start thinking about building my dream computer...

:dreamland:
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

I can :) UEF has already formed a squad =)
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: SleepKiller on October 02, 2013, 07:11:46 PM
The requirements won't be the same, mark my words. DICE is already moving away from the old hardware of the Xbox 360 and PS3 with the new Mirror's Edge.
Well it was more of a "if you can't meet these requirements and you want the new SWBF game you better start thinking of upgrading!" kinda thing. ;)

Thank you for posting this, kit. :tu: I'm saving for a gaming computer, this will greatly help me decide which game to get. :happy:

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

I have the recommended requirements in CPU and Ram but the graphics memory needed is huge, I got my Nvidia 580 card at the beginning of last year and it was the best single card available now it's only half the recommended specs. :(
I suppose I could pick up a second card cheap now and run 2. Or maybe I should just empty my bank account and get a Titan card...
[spoiler]I'm not really going to waste that sort of money. :)[/spoiler]
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Even if my computer did have all of the recommended specs (I have the 8gb and W7 Ultimate (I hate W8)), I wouldn't install it anyways. There is NO WAY I would sacrifice 30gb just for a game. And that's not even counting the obvious updates that will come out. Plus, if I tried to run the game on my laptop, it'd probably melt it :D

Quote from: Dark_Phantom on October 02, 2013, 08:45:46 PM
And........ I know it's supposed to be awesome and everything but... seems a little ridiculous.  Minimum requirements are good (if you haven't gotten off of XP yet, good luck...).  Recommended is unbelievable.  To get a desktop like that you would have to have a big piggy bank, and then some, but I guess that will eventually be the standard.  One day we will be sitting around with 40 TB hard drives, 500 GB RAM, 350 GB Dedicated graphics, and Intel Lightspeed processors, and it still won't be fast enough.  At least they still let some of us get away with Vista (Vista at home, 7 on laptop).

But we all know the hardcore gamers (and even many casual gamers) will get it...  and this is where I start thinking about building my dream computer...

:dreamland:

I'm pretty sure you can get a decent rig without spending an obscene price.

I'm saving up for a Mac Mini (current gen) as my own computer and a nice monitor all for around $800. I'll probably upgrade the RAM etc. after the purchase.