Any rules for mod maps?

Started by Sereja, July 09, 2013, 04:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Kit Fisto on July 09, 2013, 02:57:51 PM
Yes. But then why did your trusty moderator post this?
:happy:
The dictator has spoken, leave it be...

Quote from: SleepKiller on July 09, 2013, 05:18:40 PM
The dictator has spoken, leave it be...
We must overthrow the dictator! SK has been corupted by power. Come members who have no position on this forum, unite and we will win! :huzzah: [spoiler]I only did that because we have that little british guy with the gun going huzzah!  :D

I'll leave it be now. [/spoiler]

Quote from: Kit Fisto on July 09, 2013, 05:38:18 PM
We must overthrow the dictator! SK has been corupted by power. Come members who have no position on this forum, unite and we will win! :huzzah: [spoiler]I only did that because we have that little british guy with the gun going huzzah!  :D

I'll leave it be now. [/spoiler]

Everybody knows that things don't go well for the British concerning revolutions.

Quote from: Buckler on July 09, 2013, 12:39:21 PM
An SWBF Indiana Jones based mod map would be fine here.  SWBF itself is a T (teen) rated game, so I think that this mod would still fit within it.  The Indiana Jones movie is PG-13, I think, which still fits within our site.
R-rate or above should be avoided here  ;)
There are limits to the game engine that keep things from getting too graphic, too.
@Buckler
So to clarify, you don't allow mods above the T/PG-13 rating to be hosted here, download linked here, or both? I know swbf has a blood effects mod and this is generally acceptable, but under what rating would you classify "gore mods" such as a modified droid explosion animation for dead zombies exploding into limbs?

Quote from: Phobos on July 10, 2013, 07:26:09 AM
@Buckler
So to clarify, you don't allow mods above the T/PG-13 rating to be hosted here, download linked here, or both? I know swbf has a blood effects mod and this is generally acceptable, but under what rating would you classify "gore mods" such as a modified droid explosion animation for dead zombies exploding into limbs?
I'd say that still falls under cartoon humour, I think Napseeker did it a couple of times, and loads of previous mods have had blood.

Quote from: UNIT 33 on July 10, 2013, 08:10:37 AM
I'd say that still falls under cartoon humour, I think Napseeker did it a couple of times, and loads of previous mods have had blood.
Yea Napseeker has a couple mods where the character blows up into pieces and (for example) in SK's Unleashed mod the IMP pilot's gun makes the rebels blood go everywhere. But I think those aren't that big of a deal in SWBFI because you can only do so much. It doesn't look real and so I think that's ok. I don't think you can make it look real in SWBFI at all so that kind of solves the problem.  :shrug:

Wait a minute Sereja, what happened to Otoh Gunga?  I was looking forward to another masterpiece of yours! :'(

Quote from: Phobos on July 10, 2013, 07:26:09 AM
@Buckler

I would say that anything you can do with SWBF looks too cartoonish and is not a problem.

The things I would be concerned about would would be into the realm of realistic looking GTA stuff, esp. the "secret" stuff they patched out of it a few years back.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Buckler on July 09, 2013, 12:39:21 PM
An SWBF Indiana Jones based mod map would be fine here.  SWBF itself is a T (teen) rated game, so I think that this mod would still fit within it.  The Indiana Jones movie is PG-13, I think, which still fits within our site.
R-rate or above should be avoided here  ;)

There are limits to the game engine that keep things from getting too graphic, too.

Why not actually? There is plenty of games featuring nazis and making a mod map about it is OK, in my opinnion. Unless there is blood, because then you should warn. Sorry for my english i'm a 13 year old swedish.

Quote from: Jangofett96 on February 02, 2014, 12:13:00 PM

Why not actually? There is plenty of games featuring nazis and making a mod map about it is OK, in my opinnion. Unless there is blood, because then you should warn. Sorry for my english i'm a 13 year old swedish.

Make whatever you want. 

What gets hosted here is up to me  though ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet