Any fellow Macs out there?

Started by Kit Fisto, July 03, 2012, 09:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Are there any other any other Mac players of swbf besides me and unit 33? Post if you are a Mac! :tu:

So that's 3! Come on there has got to be out there! Anyone else?

Schtick, Verik and Pancho are Macs.

Yes, I'm a Mac. It's lonely be a Mac in a SWBF world. Does anybody ever play on GameRanger anymore?

Well sometimes I check gameranger to see if anyone's hosting a game.
But what I don't understand is that whenever I try to join a game it is a "version mismatch".
What does this mean?

Quote from: soldiernumbervi on July 05, 2012, 10:36:41 AM
Well sometimes I check gameranger to see if anyone's hosting a game.
But what I don't understand is that whenever I try to join a game it is a "version mismatch".
What does this mean?

Yeah it's those (usually) East Europeans playing the 1.0 version.

Is there a way to join their games?

Quote from: soldiernumbervi on July 05, 2012, 11:11:32 AM
Is there a way to join their games?

Not that I know of.

I think it's a PC Mac incompatibility more than a version mismatch. I have never been able to join a PC hosted game. Could it be all PCs on Gameranger play version 1.0?

Ah, Aspyr only ported the 1.2 version for Macs, so 1.0 is not an option for you unless you play on a PC and have the original CD release of the game.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

We should have DC's more for Macs so that we can play more online! :tu: I know we have one tommorow...

Ok this is mega bumping but I feel like playing some SWBF1 online and I just got gameranger. So those macs out there! Want to play! Tomorrow at 3-5PM pacific time. I'll host a game, if anyone wants to join... It can be mod maps, or stock or whatever! What do ya say!
( if no one replies to this I'm assuming that no one wants to play on it so if you want to play, reply! )

EDIT: can i host a game without having to disable my firewall etc.?

I would like to play swbf1 with you tommorow  but the problem is that I can only sometimes connect to the gameranger server ,and when I try to join a game it always fails for some reason.

I also can't join DC's because I simply can't type the I.P ( when I type M it says 8 for example, and I can't type dots!!!!??)

Could this have something to do with the fact that my computer is getting too old (It's a macbook pro 10.4.11)

A year ago I could easily join a gameranger MP game, but now it seems hopeless.
I don't see a direct solution for this problem so
so, I will just keep playing swbf1 with those stupid, silly AI's  :'( .

Ok, first try this: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=19 if you don't have it already. Maybe try to join a game and tell us what the error message says. And when you type in the IP for a dc you are supposed to type in numbers, not letters! :) I don't think it's because your computer is too old but it could be it. Maybe look in the aspyr troubleshooting Page for swbf...

August 26, 2012, 04:54:50 AM #14 Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 05:08:00 AM by Mr. Banthafodder
I'm already having 1.2 rev. A patch for a while so this is not causing the problem.

there are two error messages that I've been having:

1) it says: version mismatch (this has something to do with pc I thing)
2) when I try to join a game it stops counting after a while and only the background of the SWBF menu remains.
( this is pretty hard to explain so I will maybe upload a picture later)

I didn't have this problem back when only macs could host swbf rooms on gameranger.
So maybe I will still be able to join a game hosted by a mac.

The problem is that I haven't found any macs on gameranger anymore recentely.

But I forgot to say that I can't join your game today because it will be midnight here then.
And I will most likely be sleeping then :sleep:.