Original SWBF Game Design Document (GDD) leaked

Started by Giftheck, March 07, 2019, 12:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1321hePwVlRm_PopkEqRXoHt4g99wp_1PJrtkPgoFiXg/edit#

Warning: It's about 300 pages long (the standard length of a GDD)
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Interesting that "diving" was an original move alongside rolling. That wasn't even in Battlefront 2.

Oh, it was leaked for a while on the Free Radical Wiki (as well as an obscene amount of content related to BF3).

I love how the MAF looks completely different from the final version.

There is some interesting stuff in there, it seems to me that originally they planned for the AI to be able to make more complicated maneuvers, on page 176 there are outlines for serpentine and flanking maneuvers from AI units.

There is also a section on powerups around page 159, I want to say I remember there being a discussion here at some point about there being powerups in the game files, but for the most part they do not function.

Quote from: Giftheck on March 07, 2019, 12:21:57 AM
Warning: It's about 300 pages long (the standard length of a GDD)

It appears that it is around 429 pages long. :o
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

This document is pure gold!
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

Thanks I just went through it, interesting stuff.

"There is some interesting stuff in there, it seems to me that originally they planned for the AI to be able to make more complicated maneuvers, on page 176 there are outlines for serpentine and flanking maneuvers from AI units."

AI uses serpentine and most of other behaviors mentioned in the document. Im not sure if they do on BF1, but on BF2 they definitely do. You can see their behavior if you turn on "aimode" in debug exe that came wiht mod tools.