Modern Warfare-Mac

Started by Vendetta, March 19, 2010, 02:33:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, my birthdays coming up this weekend and my dad keeps asking me what I want. I ask for Modern Warfare for Mac(2 won't be available for mac for quite a while), but when he looks at the system requirements for it, it says its "Recommended" for 10.5, which is Leopard, and I have 10.4.11. Even with many other updates to this software, it still costs $250 for it. My question is, since it says recommended for 10.5, is it required? I've looked all over, and I only find "Recommended" I have all the other system requirements though. If anyone knows if its required, please tell. I'd really like MW.

Newest one!

Quote from: Aspyr.comMinimum System Requirements:
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5.4 (Leopard)

I think you can buy the cheapo Snow Leopard upgrade and it'll work, though. Someone with a Mac correct me if I'm wrong. That's in the neighborhood of 30-40 bucks, I think.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

March 19, 2010, 02:50:03 PM #2 Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 02:54:26 PM by Russell
we actually addressed this before, 29$ upgrade to Snow leopard.
plz remember that you will want a macbook pro or higher to run a demanding game like cod4.

Or the newest macbook with upgraded GPU and RAM.

keep in mind that steam is comin for mac, so all the games like L4D and half life are put in the picture in a month or so, maybe ask your dad to buy your gift a little later :/

(i am betting JK knew i would be the one to answer this)
Quote from: Jedikiller on March 19, 2010, 02:38:42 PM
Someone with a Mac correct me if I'm wrong.

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

The cheap Snow Leopard upgrade ONLY works if you upgrade from Leopard. You'll need to buy the full installation disk (expensive) if you want to upgrade from Tiger.

Sorry :(

#TYBG

Quote from: ag on March 19, 2010, 03:01:55 PM
The cheap Snow Leopard upgrade ONLY works if you upgrade from Leopard. You'll need to buy the full installation disk (expensive) if you want to upgrade from Tiger.

Sorry :(
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9137200/Reports_29_Snow_Leopard_upgrade_works_on_Tiger_too

Works, but it's technically illegal. Similar to the MS Win7 upgrade from XP, except they condone using the upgrade in some situations.

apple really doesn't care. They give out the upgrade for 30$ to work anyway on a upgrade for jumping several versions. idk if it illegal or not, but it will work.

Quote from: Jedikiller on March 19, 2010, 03:13:39 PM
http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9137200/Reports_29_Snow_Leopard_upgrade_works_on_Tiger_too

Works, but it's technically illegal. Similar to the MS Win7 upgrade from XP, except they condone using the upgrade in some situations.

Well then, go get yourself a 30 dollar upgrade!

#TYBG

Just do keep in mind that it is a violation of the EULA and is therefore illegal.

psh apple dont care as long as their OS is being put on the market

I'd think it would be illegal, since you aren't buying the upgraded version before getting Snow Leopard, though I'm not that smart when it comes to macs.  I know Steam will be coming for macs soon.  I already have an account, though I don't use it much at all since I only have Counter-Strike which my brother paid for.  I'll be thinking about all this, and Thanks!

Newest one!

dont worry abou the illegal thing. Apple rlly doesnt hit hard on copyright policy with their OS