Massive Eve Online Battle

Started by Led, January 29, 2014, 02:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whoa. That's INSANE!! :o

I never thought that such damage could ever occur within a video game. Man I feel sorry for the 4,000 players who lost their stuff, that's a TON of money down the drain.

Quote from: Gold Man on January 29, 2014, 03:02:52 PM
I never thought that such damage could ever occur within a video game. Man I feel sorry for the 4,000 players who lost their stuff, that's a TON of money down the drain.
I don't think for a moment they wouldn't have done the same to the faction that attacked them if they had of had the chance.

January 29, 2014, 03:22:46 PM #3 Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 03:25:55 PM by Buckler
The online videogame battle that cost $300,000: Gamers see hundreds of costly spaceships destroyed after user forgot to pay bill to defend their base

It's always the accountants fault.

And here is my favorite comment:

tofisgod, swansea, 12 hours ago

I hope everyone is ok. We should set up a charity and a help Line.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I would like to remind everyone that this was just in a video game with no real life repercussions except money lost which they shouldn't have even put into that game. Its like that South Park episode were there all addicted to World of Warcraft.
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on January 29, 2014, 04:25:16 PM
I would like to remind everyone that this was just in a video game with no real life repercussions except money lost which they shouldn't have even put into that game. Its like that South Park episode were there all addicted to World of Warcraft.

Yes, we all know that.  It's a hobby.  But like building a model airplane and having your dog eat it, it has to be a bummer to those that lost things.  And those feelings are real.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

:rofl: That article is hilarious. I couldnt stop laughing. I just love how it was written, and just the whole situation is so funny.

That really sucks for them, but just a crazy scenario. Actually sounds like a cool game but no way I would put that kind of money into it.

One guy forgets to pay and the whole game erupts into a massive battle  :rofl:
Peace is a lie, there is only passion          -Fear leads to anger
Through passion, I gain strength              -Anger leads to hate
Through strength, I gain power                -Hate leads to suffering
Through power, I gain victory
Through victory, my chains are broken
The Force shall free me

All of their hard work and time thrown down the drain. A true heartbreaker. 

I always enjoy reading the EVE stories. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I know what you mean!  I only read about Eve's massive battles and hard earned cash down the drain.  But the game sounds like a lot of fun.  I just have time for yet another game.  I used to play a lot of RTS games but they require a ton of time.  Sort of a nice thing about games like BF4 and SWBF2 - you can just jump in and jump out when necessary.
Co-Founder of Star Wars HQ:
http://www.starwarshq.com