planned xbox restrictions removed

Started by Led, June 20, 2013, 05:30:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Buckler on June 20, 2013, 05:30:52 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2013/jun/19/xbox-one-drm-second-hand-restrictions-abandoned

Well, now Xbox One isn't considered the worst gaming console this year. Glad to hear Microsoft listens to their customers feedback, unlike some companies.... (yes, I'm pointing that finger at now-dead LucasArts :td:).

It's good news and even though it's clearly just because of as lack of pre-orders I do give them credit on going back on everything including games being region locked which was lost with all the problems over always on internet and second hand. Hopefully now we can judge the consoles on the important things - The games (and the hardware to a point).
It's still going to be a PS4 for me though. :)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

As somebody somewhere pointed out, if they can so easily remove it then they may be inclined to re-include the restrictions once they've shifted a ton of units.

June 20, 2013, 09:13:34 AM #5 Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 12:19:09 PM by Ltin
Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on June 20, 2013, 05:38:52 AM
Well, now Xbox One isn't considered the worst gaming console this year. Glad to hear Microsoft listens to their customers feedback, unlike some companies.... (yes, I'm pointing that finger at now-dead LucasArts :td:).
Quote from: Burnie BurnsI know that microsoft listens to feedback because at the xbox reveal, whats the first thing they did? they showed us the console. And what did sony not do at the ps4 reveal? show us the console.
edit:
Quote from: unzeitgeist on yahoothey should rename it the xbox 180

Well, someone has to be that guy.
I'll go ahead and do it so no one else has to:
[spoiler]
(it's a Reverse Nelson, get it?  Ha Ha.)[/spoiler]

I hate not buying an American gaming system but I'm still going with PS4 also.. It's not really better than Xbox, it's just that Microsoft keeps making the most stupid decisions with it.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

everyone expected sony to do that same thing, and they were probably planning to, and decided to get an edge by changing their decision.

HA!Finally PS4 have a rival.Still going to PS4 because i like it much more and it will be less expansive.

A bit better system+best exclusives+less expansive=best video game

June 20, 2013, 06:18:36 PM #10 Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 06:24:03 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: Disciple on June 20, 2013, 06:15:36 PM
HA!Finally PS4 have a rival.Still going to PS4 because i like it much more and it will be less expansive.

A bit better system+best exclusives+less expansive=best video game

And here I am, the cheapscate with last gen's Nintendo Wii, and a laptop that overheats whenever I try to play SWBF.

I hate that I'm soo pumped for the new SWBF, but I don't have ANY system to run it on! :(

Wii is still better than wii u. i think there are more games coming out for wii than wii u too

Though this is certainly good news, the Xbox is still 100 dollars more expensive than PS4, there is no Halo coming immediately on the new Xbox, and I can just play Titanfall on my PC. There's really not much incentive for me to buy one right now, I think I will still buy PS4 if my friends are leaning the same way.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever