Strange things in SWBF

Started by Led, February 19, 2009, 02:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
FINALLY this topic is bumped!!!            One day, after the shutdown, right before I was to go to my grandma's house, I started playing a SP game. It was a mod map, but I doubt that had anything to do with it. So when the map was starting, something seemed very, VERY odd, but I couldn't put my finger on it. When I got to the spawn selection, ALL the characters where INVISIBLE, only the guns could I see. The droideka, lol just plain invisible. So after I was playing around with floating guns, I noticed that the map became night, and that for some reason I was blowing apart buildings (sorta) with grenades. I exited the game to see the blue screen, yeah, that one. totally weird. About a month after this, I noticed the screenshots of the glitch mysteriously disappeared. This glitch, has, NEVER, happened again. BUT, a strange thing happened awhile after this strange occurance, I played the same map, with the same era, and it was INSANELY laggy. I exited the game to see, you guessed it, the evil blue screen.

On a side note, this topic was the first post and topic made on this site made by Mr. Buckler. (I believe)

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: {Alpha}Gold Man on June 17, 2013, 11:55:02 AM
Eh, I'm not one for strange phenomenon in SWBF, but there is one weird story I recall, nothing spooky, just plain weird.

Ok, so the one day I was on a server with some players (I know a Wusi was there, forget who though), and we were just doing a regular hallway battle on CC. So, one of the guys shot me, I died, and respawned. When I clicked spawn, there was a 3 second delay, and next thing I know, I show up dead again. So I chatted saying I just died as I spawned, no mines were in the CP, at all. Next thing I know, I realize that the Wusi guy (again, I forget his name), had actually scored a perfect headshot on me, RIGHT at the exact moment I spawned, which explains why I didn't see my HUD at all and why I died. Bizarre, a one in a million shot, and it happened. Still amazes me to this day that such a rare occurrence could happen.
Actually getting spawn killed from a headshot in the hallway on CC is pretty common (with no spawn protection) considering the rebel spawn node is right there in the center where you can be shot i've seen it happen there all the time.

Quote from: Josh on June 17, 2013, 12:11:06 PM
FINALLY this topic is bumped!!!            One day, after the shutdown, right before I was to go to my grandma's house, I started playing a SP game. It was a mod map, but I doubt that had anything to do with it. So when the map was starting, something seemed very, VERY odd, but I couldn't put my finger on it. When I got to the spawn selection, ALL the characters where INVISIBLE, only the guns could I see. The droideka, lol just plain invisible.

What you witnessed was just Pandemic's abandoned plans to introduce the new Stealth/Ninja deka.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

@josh, when I modded my misson.lvl and put the dark trooper files in the places of the other empire sides, I couldn't see anything on the spawn screen where ever the troopers used to be, it would only be there for the last class, but it would still spawn as darktrooper if I clicked the empty spawn ones(which was what I had hoped for).

Quote from: Honey Badger on June 17, 2013, 06:22:33 PM
@josh, when I modded my misson.lvl and put the dark trooper files in the places of the other empire sides, I couldn't see anything on the spawn screen where ever the troopers used to be, it would only be there for the last class, but it would still spawn as darktrooper if I clicked the empty spawn ones(which was what I had hoped for).
??? What...? Huh...? Um...? Sure...   Unless you made GUS: Research facility, I believe you are very confused.           

Quote from: Josh on June 17, 2013, 07:03:02 PM
??? What...? Huh...? Um...? Sure...   Unless you made GUS: Research facility, I believe you are very confused.           
He means the result was close to the same. Not that the maps were somehow related.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on June 17, 2013, 07:11:36 PM
He means the result was close to the same. Not that the maps were somehow related.
That could be if all those other things didn't happen as well. I'm thinking (be afraid, thinking is something rarely done in my brain), that when the game was loading, an issue with my PC happened. But instead of the game shutting down, the blue screen was just in the background. And i think the blue screen made the computer not be able to reach some needed files, like soldier bodies.