next gen fps?

Started by Ltin, November 14, 2012, 06:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Depends how top of the line you want to go. And if you build it yourself.

Regarding Star Wars 1313, picture the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed port for Wii. That is what it will be like on the consoles. All the stuff we have seen was on a high-end nvidia PC. Meaning it makes current gen consoles look like Nintendo Entertainment Systems.

Quote from: Josh on November 14, 2012, 07:28:47 PM
Huh? So are you saying gaming pcs are cheap?
I can guarantee you won't need a gaming computer I have a SAMSUNG that I got for 500 US dollars and I can run any game just fine.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

Its not that the type of computer I have is bad, we put a nice ( top of the line) video card in it and then the computer went haywire...

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: SleepKiller on November 14, 2012, 07:31:09 PM
Depends how top of the line you want to go. And if you build it yourself.

Regarding Star Wars 1313, picture the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed port for Wii. That is what it will be like on the consoles. All the stuff we have seen was on a high-end nvidia PC. Meaning it makes current gen consoles look like Nintendo Entertainment Systems.

TIL nvidia is a manufacturer of computers. :)

I think they meant by it that they were using high end nvidia graphics cards in it. Sorry for me not being clear.

Quote from: SleepKiller on November 14, 2012, 09:21:57 PM
I think they meant by it that they were using high end nvidia graphics cards in it. Sorry for me not being clear.

Oh, only a jerk would say what this dirtbag said.

I understood what you said.  I just couldn't resist letting the opportunity be wasted, even if it wasn't the greatest of opportunities.

This topic seems to have gone off topic, as it is about the possibility of swbf 3, not star wars 1313. lol

Quote from: Ltin on November 15, 2012, 03:08:21 PM
This topic seems to have gone off topic, as it is about the possibility of swbf 3, not star wars 1313. lol

Indeed. Why would we discuss the possibility of a game that has already been unveiled? :P

Anyways, this is the link OP was talking about: http://kotaku.com/5960576/whats-up-with-lucasarts-plus-more-gaming-secrets

November 15, 2012, 07:44:54 PM #24 Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 07:57:18 PM by aeria.
Quote from: Josh on November 14, 2012, 07:28:47 PM
Huh? So are you saying gaming pcs are cheap? Like under 160.00$?

If you're really digging for deals and cut a few corners (no dvd drive, 4 GB ram, older generation cpu, etc) you can probably get away with a $300 dollar low-end gaming pc.

Under $160 you can build yourself something that can max out SWBF1 or something old like that.

Pre-built gaming computers are usually expensive because it's a business. They charge you for the service of putting it together.
It doesn't take a genius to do it either. I've learned how to put them together by opening one up and figuring out what the different parts are!

--------

If LucasArts makes a new FPS, they're going to need some fresh talent. Disney Interactive hasn't been fairing too well either so it's not like they can transfer some of their teams and make a hit video game.

The Battlefront series made LucasArts so much money and the third one was so highly anticipated. It should be a no-brainer to reboot it so I hope the new management can do so.

#TYBG

I recently found a fairly recent article about how the people who were supposed to make swbf3 closed. In the case of swbf3 they were given 3 years to work on it, and they ended up needing more time, and it got canceled. At least thats now i understood it.
And aparently the battles were going to simulate space and land battles at the same time, and let you take off into space and fight there, kind of like what elite squadren did, but much better