Simple mesh needed

Started by Viathan, June 08, 2015, 08:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey there,
I need a simple cube/room mesh. However, I haven't figured out yet how to convert my files from blender to .msh format.  :confused:

Mesh:
Just a simple cube or something like "room feeling" or a simple plane mesh with one texture on it.
(I can change it later with hex edit => for easy to edit give it a name with 10 chars [shell_cube.tga])

It will be a replacement for shell_cube.msh (the spawnselect background)

Maybe you can edit the shell_cube.msh and make it plane. The room feeling is good, but I don't like the corner.  :shrug:

Thx in advance  :cheers:

Hmm if you're still needing this by the time I get my cooling unit replaced I could do this for you easily. You are specifically wanting a cube that's viewed from the inside? It might be helpful to know just what the original stock cube was scaled at (to size the new one correctly) but otherwise I could just make multiple versions and let you test them.
photobucket limit image removed

Thx for your answer.
Yea I still need it. My models I exported from blender didn't look good at all  :slap:

But a plane mesh would be nice  :cheers:
(i don't really know what the stock cube is scaled, it's in common.lvl => shell_cube.msh)

Quote from: Viathan on June 08, 2015, 11:41:21 AM
Thx for your answer.
Yea I still need it. My models I exported from blender didn't look good at all  :slap:

But a plane mesh would be nice  :cheers:
(i don't really know what the stock cube is scaled, it's in common.lvl => shell_cube.msh)

Wait, if that's an existing .msh is there a way you can copy out and hex edit that version? Might save you the headache whilst I wait for the replacement part for my main rig. Otherwise I'll look into that and see what I can do as soon as my setup is up and running again.

I've attached the stock .msh.
Would be cool if you check it out. I already hex edited it to prevent the scrolling.
But I think a plane mesh with the texture (no animation) would be much better with my reskin of the texture.  :)

This should be perfect. The angle for the geometry looks pretty specific so decompiling this will give me the correct scale and design the game needs. I'll keep a copy of that on this machine to reuse once my other machine is back online. Heck if I was certain XSI would work on this underpowered unit, I'd do it right now.

One other thing to note is the UVs. If you're wanting it to tile a certain amount or have the image flipped in any specific fashion it would be good to let me know how you're gonna do that. Otherwise if the UVs are crap, even with your hex edits, that's gonna cause some unneeded additional work on your end.

June 08, 2015, 03:03:11 PM #6 Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 03:04:56 PM by Viathan
Alright, the texture is just a flat texture (like every picture you have an your computer).

In Blender I unwrapped the UV to a simple rectangle and applied the texture, if this helps you.

Don't make yourself too much work.  :cheers:

Edit:
It needs to be transparent -> the mesh.
But this is optional. I can hexedit it later and apply alpha channel to texture.
I need just the plane mesh in correct scale and position. Would be a huge help :)

Alrighty. Here's the shell mesh as promised.

Let me know if there's anything else you need done (extra shader work, tiling, etc).  :)

Hey Epifire,
I think you've attached the wrong mesh  :XD:
This is the stock shell_cube mesh (different binary as the stock has but the model seems to be the same)  :blink:

June 20, 2015, 09:43:07 AM #9 Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 10:36:25 AM by Epifire
Alright, here's the edit going for round two here!