Function of SetmemoryPool("Aimer", XXX)

Started by Giftheck, September 10, 2014, 08:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm told Aimer has something to do with anything tht aims, including weapons, turrets and starships. Does this memorypool make it so that a larger amount of weapons can be used, for instance on Bespin: Platforms, where you also have turrets and a large amount of flyers? If it's lower, is that the reason that occasionally weapons will misfire?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

I think it needs that memory pool for the items do tracking.  My understanding is that 200 would mean 200 concurrent tracked aimers.

If you had 200 soldiers (only) on a map, you would need to set this to 200.

I don't know what the affect would be to have this too low, other than I suspect that the items would not do any firing.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Figured that might be the case. During testing, I found that Bespin: Platforms needs a high number of aimers defined or weapons will not fire correctly if there are a large amount of them on the field (for instance, the shotgun might fire only one or two shots, or not at all)
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1