any mod(s) to improve ai?

Started by Slade, May 02, 2014, 08:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've journeyed across the internet but the majority of what I find is for SWBF II.  Me and my brother play each other over LAN and more intelligent ai would be a lot of fun.

Glad you found us.

I think there are some things that can be done.  Are you a PC player or PS2 player?

Have you tried setting the AI level to "hard" ?

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

If you mean beyond hard mode, I don't think that's possible, sorry.  Anyway, though, welcome to the forums! Your home for all things Battlefront (the first one at least)! :wave:

I'm on a Mac running Wineskinned BF my brother is on a PC.  We always play on hard ofc.

for the "PC" or Computer versions, you can remake your own side.lvls and other files like mission.lvl and there are a few things you can do to improve the ai hardness. the new files would be replaced over the existing files
inside both person's game(need files to match and play without one crashing)

You can find tutorials about how to do that if not PM me at some point, I always like to meet new peeps at Bf2.

To make it short, you can set LUA coades in the mission scripts that will force ai on each team to do better.
One of them would be
    AddAIGoal(1, "Deathmatch", 100)
    AddAIGoal(2, "Deathmatch", 100) - 1 and 2 represent teams, team 1 is always the attacking team;
like the rebels on death star , or the empire on hoth.
Adding this to ctf modes makes the ai fight more instead of hunting the flag. Another one would be
SetTeamAggressiveness(CIS, 1.0)
   SetTeamAggressiveness(REP, 1.0) -or IMP & ALL for GCW mode, depending on what game mode script.
the 1.0 is max number for that particular code.

On some of the weapon ODF files there is a code called
AIUseBubbleCircle = 1 (1 = yes) the guns that have this code, keep it.
And AIBubbleSizeMultiplier = "0.06" or a differen number for other guns.
The lower that number is, the better the ai bots will do.

That code already exists on the shotgun, sniper rifle, and the award shotgun. If the code is maybe 0.01
the ai engies will be ultra violent and like never ever miss.

I personally never cared to try and put this code on other guns,but it seems maybe to only work on single shot
weapons.

On the rocket launcher ODF files, you can determine if ai can do lock-on vs humans. This will increase the likeliness of ai using rockets. The higher the "TurnRate" (maybe 20.0)the farther the locked shot will twist resulting in a more promised hit.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

Quote from: Anthony_b on May 02, 2014, 11:57:17 AM
for the "PC" or Computer versions, you can remake your own side.lvls and other files like mission.lvl and there are a few things you can do to improve the ai hardness. the new files would be replaced over the existing files
inside both person's game(need files to match and play without one crashing)

You can find tutorials about how to do that if not PM me at some point, I always like to meet new peeps at Bf2.

To make it short, you can set LUA coades in the mission scripts that will force ai on each team to do better.
One of them would be
    AddAIGoal(1, "Deathmatch", 100)
    AddAIGoal(2, "Deathmatch", 100) - 1 and 2 represent teams, team 1 is always the attacking team;
like the rebels on death star , or the empire on hoth.
Adding this to ctf modes makes the ai fight more instead of hunting the flag. Another one would be
SetTeamAggressiveness(CIS, 1.0)
   SetTeamAggressiveness(REP, 1.0) -or IMP & ALL for GCW mode, depending on what game mode script.
the 1.0 is max number for that particular code.

On some of the weapon ODF files there is a code called
AIUseBubbleCircle = 1 (1 = yes) the guns that have this code, keep it.
And AIBubbleSizeMultiplier = "0.06" or a differen number for other guns.
The lower that number is, the better the ai bots will do.

That code already exists on the shotgun, sniper rifle, and the award shotgun. If the code is maybe 0.01
the ai engies will be ultra violent and like never ever miss.

I personally never cared to try and put this code on other guns,but it seems maybe to only work on single shot
weapons.

On the rocket launcher ODF files, you can determine if ai can do lock-on vs humans. This will increase the likeliness of ai using rockets. The higher the "TurnRate" (maybe 20.0)the farther the locked shot will twist resulting in a more promised hit.
I think he's talking about SWBF1.

Well it still should work. The main files like mission.lvl, side lvls can still be remade for swbf1 using BFbuilder, with the codes added.
I might work on this myself .. both games have dumb bots, but they are naturally better in battlefront one.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.

Quote from: CommanderAwesome on May 02, 2014, 09:44:51 AM
If you mean beyond hard mode, I don't think that's possible, sorry.  Anyway, though, welcome to the forums! Your home for all things Battlefront (the first one at least)! :wave:

There are different difficulty levels available in LUA commands.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Anthony_b on May 02, 2014, 12:11:07 PM
Well it still should work. The main files like mission.lvl, side lvls can still be remade for swbf1 using BFbuilder, with the codes added.
I might work on this myself .. both games have dumb bots, but they are naturally better in battlefront one.
Quote from: Led on May 02, 2014, 12:51:55 PM
There are different difficulty levels available in LUA commands.
oh, ok.

You could always make a side mod of weapons with increased accuracy.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder