[QUESTION] Online Compatible Health Depletion?

Started by Shazam, April 22, 2013, 06:03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have noticed that there are some servers that have enabled an "auto-heal" feature, where you slowly heal without the need of medpacks or a bacta droid. Is it possible to reverse this and make it still be online compatible? It would be cool to have a server where you slowly die and you are forced to move around and kill people in order to regain health.

This would prevent people from camping because they would slowly die. Campers would be forced to move around and kill people in order to get medpacks from their dead bodies.

For it to work, dead bodies would have to give a medpack 100% of the time, though.

That is a medical bonus that happens to work without a download.  I don't think there are any parameters.

Perhaps there is another way, too.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I specifically remember it on the FC servers and I believe it was encorperated into the Jet Wars Campaign, too.

Theoretically you should just be able to drop the AddHealth line into a unit's odf. A negative value should take away health.

Quote from: SleepKiller on April 22, 2013, 06:51:15 PM
Theoretically you should just be able to drop the AddHealth line into a unit's odf. A negative value should take away health.
Quote from: Shazam on April 22, 2013, 06:48:58 PM
I specifically remember it on the FC servers and I believe it was encorperated into the Jet Wars Campaign, too.

The line AddHealth when negative will subtract health from units. See the droideka shield ODFs for an example of how it works.