BF2 rebel sniper

Started by D4R|< $1D3, January 09, 2013, 10:13:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
is there a OTC for the BF2 rebellion sniper i really use that

Not yet.
I have briefly looked at it. It's skeleton doesn't quite match up with the BF1 animations, so it gets all stretchy in game. It could be scaled up a little, I guess. Haven't spent a lot of time testing it because it's such a wildly different style than the rest of the models.

Quote from: tirpider on January 09, 2013, 10:46:48 AM
Not yet.
I have briefly looked at it. It's skeleton doesn't quite match up with the BF1 animations, so it gets all stretchy in game. It could be scaled up a little, I guess. Haven't spent a lot of time testing it because it's such a wildly different style than the rest of the models.
Okayy ty for telling me tri =^_^=

I used that in swbf before as well, it gets all noodley... Not your ideal Hard core Marine Sniper Girl. Lol

So you know, I do plan on making an OTC BF2 Rebel Sniper, and I have a few varients in mind for it. It's just at the botom of my priority list because of the extra study needed to get it done right. (Along with the Drodekka, IG-88 and such.) OTC will be complete when every stock BF1&2 unit has OverrideTexture compatibility.

OTC (and all my work) came to a screeching halt when I thought I was going to lose my connection. I am restructuring the way I handle these projects and rebuilding my msh info tool to make this all go faster with fewer mistakes.

Quote from: tirpider on January 09, 2013, 11:49:59 AM
So you know, I do plan on making an OTC BF2 Rebel Sniper, and I have a few varients in mind for it.
As long as one has flowing locks of hair. I still haven't forgotten the tribulations we went through to try and get a hat-less female model.

No kidding.

The solution for that one is for someone to make it. 

I've been looking and found hair and heads in some gmod ragdolls, and assets ripped from other games that I could easily hack onto any of the models (just like the santa hat or the backpacks and stuff,) but nothing that I could use and keep my hands and conscience clean.

Sereja has provided some parts, I just haven't gotten to putting them together yet.

One of the goals of the info_tool rewrite is to allow for arbitrary mesh injection and positioning. I can do it "by the numbers" but for a general release, it needs some sort of graphical visualisation. I don't want to tie myself down to trying to walk-through this mesh hacking again. It hurts my head as words fail me.