Native Side modding

Started by Dark_Phantom, August 21, 2012, 10:56:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have been trying to make native side mods (my favorite is Ewoks).  I have made this work on Endor without much trouble as everything is pretty much clear-cut, just some Ewok odf edits and simple mission.lvl changes.  Moving past Endor though, there have been some hitches in it.

All: Don't know how to localize spawn screen names.  0001af085xx whatever.  Also have problems with skinning.  Only 2 stock skins.  I'm just not good at it  :wacko:  And Ewoks only make noises on Endor.

Cloud City: [NULL] is team name and AI name.  Tried adding "local" add-in like on levels with local teams but I still get [NULL].

Kashyyyk Docks:  Did successfully localize to an extent by changing "Wookiees" team name to "Ewoks" because it really has no effect unless i did Ewoks vs Wookiees, but it's Ewoks vs Rebs with Wookiees. I would like to keep the Wookiees but I don't think that's possible without "Ewok killed %name%" when a Wookiee kills someone.

Hoth: Can't believe it actually worked but did some req editing and added in like half of the imp odf files (Ewoks vs Rebs). Problem: still says Empire when I edit everything in hoth.lua. Only level that this happens with (cps are green instead of typical yellow).

I don't know if anyone could help with these problems but anything would be appreciated. Thanks!
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

There is a fix for this? Man, I wish i knew it... I have the same problems all the time

You need to do "localization" by creating are core.lvl file.  The tool should be in the mod tools or I think Bamdur made a tool, but I can't locate it at the moment.

Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet