What does 'MirrorInfo' do?

Started by Phobos, August 17, 2012, 11:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I saw this in one of the stock sky files anyone know what it does?

MirrorInfo()
{
UseTexture(0);
Offset(-0.010000);
}

A lot of the parameters in sky files appear to be left over from Zero before it was turned into to Zero Edit this appears to be one of them. I know you all think SWBF is run off Zero . Allow me to show you why I think it isn't.

The two confirmed Zero Engine games are BattleZone II and Star Wars: The Clone Wars only the last one is really confirmed but Pandemic stated that they took what they liked from Battlezone II and transformed it into Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Okay so those two games use pretty much the same engine let us run over a few features they have.
Common method of defining objects .odf files,
Common world file formats .wld .sky .ter,
And this one is really quite cool if I am remembering right the Editor and the Game were the same thing you could pause the game create a hill here place some trees here and get back to testing.

Yes SWBF has Zero Edit but that is just the world editor guys there is nothing saying they are the same engine they have different formats. The human readable unmunged ones aren't the ones the engine understands but Zero Editor understands them, if SWBFs engine really was Zero it would be using those raw formats ingame but it munges them so SWBFs engine whatever the heck Pandemic called it could read and use the files for the new engine.