How hard is it to make an oc mod

Started by Kit Fisto, August 09, 2012, 09:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 09, 2012, 09:43:43 PM Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 10:00:23 PM by kitfisto15678
I was wondering what the steps to making an online compatible mod were AFTER making the sides. And is it hard to do? How long would it take? This is kind of directed toward sleepkiller or jdee since they have done a oc mod before.
And it would only have modded stock maps, no new ones… so basically sk's unleashed mod with new sides and only stock maps, plus Jabba…

August 09, 2012, 11:10:18 PM #1 Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 09:56:21 PM by SleepKiller
The sides can be one of the biggest parts of it. But there is much you have to do. You have to edit the stock maps for new vehicle spawns and as in Unleashed were I had hunt mode you have to create completely new maps for that. Then there is the mission scripting which isn't the hardest thing in the world. Finally you have to localize it all this is my least favourite part. But asking me if it is hard I don't know I don't find anything I do in SWBF too challenging so I'm not the person to comment on how hard it is. Time consuming at times? Yes.

Thanks sleepkiller! I just wanted to see if it was something someone could do with out spending that much time on it for my sides. Well... I guess that's too bad.  :'(