[WIP] Bespin: Cloud City

Started by Unit 33, July 27, 2012, 08:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
...really? I opened it up in Zeroedit and it looked more or less right.  ??? Or did I not look close enough? I haven't played around with it yet but if there is something seriously wrong that I'm not seeing I'll hold off on it.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

All maps  models are screwed up unless you add.
FlipModelX = 1to the end of config.ini in your DataMODID folder. That is the way to see what positions map models will appear ingame.

Quote from: SleepKiller on August 21, 2012, 03:07:50 PM
All maps  models are screwed up unless you add.
FlipModelX = 1to the end of config.ini in your DataMODID folder. That is the way to see what positions map models will appear ingame.
Yes I discovered this through trial and error months ago and it has been useful ever since but it still didn't fix the bes3 problem with unit 33's map. In zeroeditor the buildings look normal but in game they are shifted around. That hasn't happened before with any of my mod maps.

Quote from: Phobos on August 21, 2012, 04:05:53 PM
Yes I discovered this through trial and error months ago and it has been useful ever since but it still didn't fix the bes3 problem with unit 33's map. In zeroeditor the buildings look normal but in game they are shifted around. That hasn't happened before with any of my mod maps.
Because he placed them without the line added. They have stuff up positioning, it isn't a magic fix for the problem. It is a way to stop the problem from happening. Sadly it looks like the objects will have to be moved back to there correct positioning manually.

It would be nice if we could find whatever it is in zeroeditor that removes this line from the config.ini (I have had to re-add it to the file numerous times while editing the same map) and find a way to disable it.

Quote from: Phobos on August 21, 2012, 04:25:35 PM
It would be nice if we could find whatever it is in zeroeditor that removes this line from the config.ini (I have had to re-add it to the file numerous times while editing the same map) and find a way to disable it.
Set the file to read only then Zero Editor can't rewrite the file.

Quote from: SleepKiller on August 21, 2012, 04:30:53 PM
Set the file to read only then Zero Editor can't rewrite the file.
Ah yes   :XD: