SWBF "Fireworks" Idea

Started by Shazam, July 03, 2012, 02:22:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
[15:21] {A}=Maj.Ultimo.*.: I have one question that might be useful for both of us.
[15:21] [FC]EoS.Sha-Zam: Ok
[15:21] [FC]EoS.Sha-Zam: Sure
[15:21] [FC]EoS.Sha-Zam: What
[15:21] {A}=Maj.Ultimo.*.: Do you know of anywhere we can find a mod where we can blow up rockets on command instead of them waiting to hit something? Cuz we gonna have a fireworks party
[15:22] [FC]EoS.Sha-Zam: Hm
[15:22] [FC]EoS.Sha-Zam: No
[15:22] [FC]EoS.Sha-Zam: Sorry
[15:22] [FC]EoS.Sha-Zam: I could ask
[15:22] [FC]EoS.Sha-Zam: But I dont think thats possible
[15:22] {A}=Maj.Ultimo.*.: its ok... I thought there might be atleast one source and your the guy to ask
--
It's a nice idea, with the 4th of July coming up this wednesday. Is it possible?

July 03, 2012, 02:33:53 PM #1 Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 02:35:27 PM by Unit 33
Pfft. Maybe?

The lighting effects are certainly possible, just increase laser/light size ten-fold and you got a nice flash.
What about the detpack odf for a delayed explosion? Instead of a "throwing" detpack it would be launched on a surface... and then detonated...

Otherwise, the recon droid modified would be the best bet for a delayed explosion.

I doubt any of them would download mods to do it, unless one person modified something and everyone could see the effects. Most of them are just seasoned SWBF1 players looking for a good time. They will probably just get a bunch of people on the server and they'll all use orbital strikes in the Cloud City courtyard over and over to imitate fireworks.  :shrug:

There is a slight chance this might be possible, using a remote detonator weapon modification from Phobos. If you would like me to test some ideas I might have time.

If remote detonation is not possible there is a sure fire way to do it. Just make the lifetime of a missile about two seconds shorter than stock and set the expire effect to the fireworks effect you want.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

you can slow down the explosion animation in ODF code i think too and just make some large fireworks or sparks effect tgas and fx that should work too

What is it with you guys and the 4th of july! the only good thing about that is turkey.

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Quote from: Darth Verik on July 04, 2012, 09:21:50 AM
What is it with you guys and the 4th of july! the only good thing about that is turkey.
Uh...it just so happens to be the American Independence Day. No biggie.  :slap:

URRRCH!! slow down, I know remote detonation is possible, i played a mod that let you remotely detonate the WOOKIE bomb by pushing (R) key on the keyboard. Now if you can just figure out how the modder did it.... Hmmmm. I was just thinking about making a Rocket you launch up and have a neat looking tga explosion.
Like the IMP mortor launcher, it should have a time limit of freefalling and auto explode after a while.

Quote from: RepublicCommando on July 04, 2012, 09:48:07 AM
URRRCH!! slow down, I know remote detonation is possible, i played a mod that let you remotely detonate the WOOKIE bomb by pushing (R) key on the keyboard. Now if you can just figure out how the modder did it.... Hmmmm. I was just thinking about making a Rocket you launch up and have a neat looking tga explosion.
Like the IMP mortor launcher, it should have a time limit of freefalling and auto explode after a while.

Yes remote mines are easy and have been shown to work in multiple mods. It's applying that characteristic to another weapon which is the tricky bit.

Quote from: RepublicCommando on July 04, 2012, 09:48:07 AM
URRRCH!! slow down, I know remote detonation is possible, i played a mod that let you remotely detonate the WOOKIE bomb by pushing (R) key on the keyboard. Now if you can just figure out how the modder did it.... Hmmmm
Sleepkiller's dagobah with updated sides has a detpack where if you set it down then press "r" it explodes. Maybe you could ask him?

Sleepkiller is not available.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

If you talking about simple remote controled charge, all you have to do, it is edit all_weap_inf_remotedroid2.odf, and change this lines:

//SwitchImmediately = "1"

OrdnanceName        = "com_weap_inf_landmine2"

then edit com_weap_inf_landmine2.odf, and change this line:
ExplosionDeath      = "com_weap_inf_landmine_exp"

After that, you may set your mine, and trigger it by reload button.

That's it.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Would it be Online Compatible? I will try it out tomorrow, sounds cool.

Quote from: ✫Şђã·Żäм✫ on July 04, 2012, 03:04:46 PM
Would it be Online Compatible? I will try it out tomorrow, sounds cool.

Assuming all players have the mod installed yes, it technically should.