Adding Era and Game Modes

Started by shelljonathanea, November 22, 2015, 10:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 22, 2015, 10:59:02 AM Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 12:20:44 PM by shelljonathanea
Could you add more era and add game modes to each map on battlefront like Hero Assault, Hunt, Conquest, and etc to Battlefront 1? Thank You.

Eras are possible but I do believe nobody has posted to say they've been 100% figured out yet. As for new game modes, no, sorry, you cann't do any Battlefront II modes in the first game as the appear in SWBF (Conquest is already in the game, it' just called "Instant Action"). You could add maps that use their style, though (but you'd still be bound to reinforcements over points). Hero Assault and Hunt are possible in this way. But CTF is not possible at all.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

Quote from: Gistech on November 22, 2015, 11:51:12 PM
Eras are possible but I do believe nobody has posted to say they've been 100% figured out yet. As for new game modes, no, sorry, you cann't do any Battlefront II modes in the first game as the appear in SWBF (Conquest is already in the game, it' just called "Instant Action"). You could add maps that use their style, though (but you'd still be bound to reinforcements over points). Hero Assault and Hunt are possible in this way. But CTF is not possible at all.

To add on to this, the map limit is pretty small due to how old the game is. Since the game is older, the game modes can be ported to the 2nd Battlefront, however will never be able to port most things onto the old game from the newer game.
Maps are just about the only thing you can port over, other than units. You can port other units too.

This is all according to my observations anyway
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on November 23, 2015, 09:03:30 AM
To add on to this, the map limit is pretty small due to how old the game is.
However, the limit is higher if you add the maps/missions directly to Mission.lvl.

One problem Snake and I were having with custom eras is you can only play one level of that era per session or else it would crash. I don't know if a solution has been found for this.

November 24, 2015, 07:57:35 AM #4 Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 07:59:51 AM by Phobos
Quote from: shelljonathanea on November 22, 2015, 10:59:02 AM
Could you add more era and add game modes to each map on battlefront like Hero Assault, Hunt, Conquest, and etc to Battlefront 1? Thank You.
CTF would be really cool in SWBF1 but I don't think its possible without the battlefront source. Not sure about the other modes, but you can mod the mission LUA so that you get points for killing players on your team.

Quote from: Commander Awesome on November 23, 2015, 10:52:20 AM
However, the limit is higher if you add the maps/missions directly to Mission.lvl.

One problem Snake and I were having with custom eras is you can only play one level of that era per session or else it would crash. I don't know if a solution has been found for this.
I think the limit for stock missions is 255 but this hasn't been confirmed. It's true the addon mod map limit for 1.2 is really small, somewhere around 20-24, but in 1.3 it is expanded greatly. Any maps can be converted to stock if you edit the mission and missionlist LUA. Custom campaigns and custom eras are possible to mod through some shell LUA scripts (though I don't think a tutorial has been posted, I can answer questions about it). As for the game crashing on custom eras, it could be due to an LUA bug. I think the game should support multiple maps in a session for custom eras as long as everything is modded properly, but I haven't tested this yet. I've mainly worked on campaign mods.