Halo: CE- Fist only

Started by Hardcore, February 19, 2010, 10:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So i figured out i could do this long ago, and never got around to recording it until now, and so ill be uploading it part by part, Halo 1 melee only, Heroic, Legendary and Normal, depending i've not completed it ever on Legendary so maybe we'll see if i can manage that!

Enjoy Part 1 of the first level: http://www.youtube.com/user/mxghardcore
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Cool, I love the screaming aliens.

The best of the Halo series :tu:

Newest one!

February 20, 2010, 08:37:21 PM #4 Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 08:44:24 PM by ~{PLA}~ Seth
After you told me a weekish ago about this, I went right away and tried this on normal. Really fun, funny, and a great challenge.

btw, are all mac graphics like that? They're weird. The plasma rifles fire sniper-rifle like beams and all that happens when shields light up is that little parts of their body light up. (The elites)

The terrible graphics of the year 2000!  Its normal, for me anyway.  I only have the demo however.

Newest one!

Mac ports are never perfect Seth, that actually looks great compared to others

#TYBG

February 20, 2010, 10:15:47 PM #7 Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 10:18:54 PM by Hardcore
No, this actually looks horrible, i have the settings down to bare bones for recording, it looks much better at higher settings.

Also another note, is that this was not a port, the Mac version of Halo is actually built along side the PC version, Bungie started as a Mac exclusive company, and then overtime released PC versions of their games and until MS took them in for halo were a high player in the Mac and PC games, when they lost it for Xbox.....it went downhill.

How would it have gone downhill?  Id think the Xbox community is much larger than a computers would be?

Newest one!

Uploaded Part 2 of the Melee only run on The Pillar of Autumn (first level)

I've never gotten past level 2- I got bored. I'll have to continue with it someday.
I need to see you get past those flood combat forms on flood levels. Those things take like 15-25 melees to kill on legendary and they don't mind sticking in a few of their triple melees. I need to see the library fist only. I've just gotta.

I don't see how this is even possible on legendary. Especially for elites. Their plasma rifles take 4-5 hits to drain your shield on legendary then they eat away at the health. And this is HALO, after all. With the next difficulty, its not just enemies getting more aggressive and accurate. They do more damage to you, you do less damage to them, and they get higher toughness levels on most spots. I.E, spots where there are a blue elite on heroic, there's now a red elite instead, or another blue. Enemies are also more numerous on legendary. It's harder in every way you can imagine.

February 21, 2010, 01:43:56 PM #11 Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 02:00:01 PM by Hardcore
Yes, i have beaten Legendary many times with weapons, and i have beaten the first level (Pillar of Autumn) and likely could beat more n Legendary with time, practice is whats key, running, and a load of luck all combine to success. And actually one of the main causes of death would IMO be from nades while driving a vehicle :)

But because you want, ill get to working on Legendary. I strive to do the impossible, and if its possible to beat Halo with weapons, its possible to win it without IMO.

Another thing to note, play tactically, assassinate the enemy whenever possible, 80% of the time you can assassinate elites, making all of the lesser units run, this is key in some parts. Along with that only a few places ever have "limit" that lock you down, in most of the game you can run past the enemy as much as you want, only the second level (when defending marines from dropships), Library when waiting for guilty spark to open the doors, and a few other small areas. Some areas you can sneak in and kill "sleeping" units do this for as long as you can, if you watch the levels the developers put in parts where you can sneak around and kill alot of the units without the force noticing, this helps alot. Know where the health packs are in every level, know where you can hide. Make the Coveniant and Flood fight as much as possible, the floor normally win and end up chasing you, but this is better because they have no grenades, and only rockets that can really cause major damage at range.

Know where your going, what your doing, and how your going to do it, Long before you get there- thats how you'll do this.

well, I've beaten legendary playing normally. know where key weapons are, health packs, where I can hide, all that. but still, I can't highly doubt this is possible on legendary.

On another note, thanks for making a walkthrough for melee only. I've watched nextgenwalkthrough's on youtube Halo 1 guide to death,  melee only for a change is quite entertaining.