Gaming Round up Episode TWO!

Started by khy, February 12, 2010, 05:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
February 12, 2010, 05:20:34 PM Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 06:53:27 PM by Jedikiller
Hey guys, this GRU im gonna do something different.
Ill still give you some news, but then ill give my ideas of some new games, and ask about yours!

The Halo: Reach beta has been announced to come out on May 3rd, through the ODST disk. (Good thing i didn't sell mine ;) )
It has also been described as a Halo Gears of War, which is cool, because there was a time when Gears of War and Halo 3 were the 2 most popular games, and i know many people who thought it would be cool to combine the too.
Maybe one of my friends got a job at Bungie? JK.
Heres the link to that:
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/02/11/halo-reach-beta-gets-release-date/
(Also thanks to Hardcore for telling me this)

Also, here's a new Behind the Scenes video for Reach, which boasts some little twid-bits of gameplay.
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14276699/halo-project/videos/halo_reach_trl_vidoc_1_3_21210.html

In other news, Things for Assassins Creed 3 have been announced... sort of.. by Ubisoft.
All that has come out is it is still Ezio and it is still in Rome.
I dont really like this idea, as i enjoy the new area in each game sort of thing, and i would have enjoyed their take on a new time period. Oh well! :)

Also, this is sort of old, but Avatar has beaten James Camerons other hit Titanic, for most money. (lol i know that doesn't sound so professional... sue me) The movie is very well done, and even though we know the focus isnt on the story, its still a fun movie to watch.

Contributions by Commander:
Quote from: Commander on February 12, 2010, 06:16:54 PM
Yay, moar gaming news!

You didn't mention C&C4 which is slated to be released March 16th, with a public beta now in progress.
Reveal Trailer
Offical Site
Open Beta - PC

Also Fable III, which is exclusive to the Xbox 360, slated to come out in Q4 of 2010 has a great preview on IGN.
Fable III Preview
Fable III Debut Trailer

Splinter Cell: Conviction, the new Sam Fisher game, is coming out on April 13, 2010.
Splinter Cell Preview/Gameplay Trailer

Starcraft II Closed Beta Launching this Month
Starcraft II is still slated for a mid-2010 release.

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, an update for DA: Origins is to come out on March 16th
Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening Trailer
Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening Info

With Mass Effect 2 being a great hit among gamers, it's no surprise EA's CEO John Schappert said something "Far Reaching" will be coming to Mass Effect 2, most likely additional DLC.  Tomorrow, players can download Cerberus Assault Armor and the M-22a Eviscerator Shotgun from the Cerberus network on Xbox 360 and PC.
Speaking of ME2, Mass Effect 3 has been announced as a project in the works by EA.  It hasn't been announced which platforms it will be on.
Mass Effect 3 Info
Still on the topic of Mass Effect, there has been talk of a movie adaption of the Mass Effect storyline:
Mass Effect Movie?

Supreme Commander 2, the sequel to the first SC game is slated for a March 2, 2010 release. 
E3 Supreme Commander 2 Trailer

Also coming out in March is Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising.
Dawn of War II Trailer - February 5

Episodes for GTAIV are also coming out in late March for PC.
GTAIV: The Lost and The Damned
GTAIV: The Ballad of Gay Tony

Just Cause 2 and Lost Planet 2 are also slated to come out March 23, 2010 (JC2) and May 18, 2010(LP2)
Lost Planet 2 - Newest Trailer
Just Cause 2 - DLC Video

With Bad Company 2 and Assassin's Creed II both coming out in March, it's looking that March is a month filled with great releases for PC gamers. 

That's all I got. :P

Bioshock 2 I have heard is great, excellent gameplay and storyline. 
Dante's Inferno also looks to be quite a good Hack'n'Slash game, something I look forward to playing.

NOW to the fun stuff!!

So if anyone likes the Skate series, you would know that the first two are based in the fictional town of San Vanelona, and they are similar but very different in the two Skates.
Now with Skate 3 coming up, there is a new town, Port Calverton.
Not to much has been shown, except minute clips of pro skaters doing lines in the game, and such.
I actually wasn't to interested in it, even me being a skater.
But now, 2 new behind the Scenes videos show what the games storyline really is about.
I had already known that you basically work with a team (vague details is what was given, so dont blame me) and it didnt exite me too much.
These 2 new videos explain it more in depth.
In the first 2 skate games you become famous, go to jail, come back and become famous again.
Now what's left to do?
In Skate 3, you get to create your own skating company.
Yes, you make your own company.
I know that may not sound to great, but i love that idea.
And the idea is, you sponsor skaters you think are good, and recruit them onto your team-- sort of what people did to you in the first 2.
So now YOU'RE the boss.
You get to create your brand, your logo, style, skatepark, etc.
And the "Goal" of the game, is to sell 1,000,000 skateboards from your brand.
Also, theres Online teams, so theres all these custimizations to do for your Online team, to get others to join.
There can even be roles on the team, one being the team FILMER! For competitions, team freeskates (Online Freeskate maybe???? :D ) etc.
There'll even be competitions and Team Ranks, sort of like MLG i think?
That combined with an even more awesome city imo, this game is a must for me.
Links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0q2ZGZ-1gk&feature=sub
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJcPRv1uhjM&feature=channel
(2 Parts)

Alright, sorry i got fanboy wrapped up there, lets talk about 2 new other interesting games.

Bioshock 2.
With the integrated multiplayer (what im talking about here) it makes it a pretty complete game.
But while watching videos ive found its not really a FPS killer, like the Battlefield or Call of Duty series.
Its interesting though.
Your thoughts.

And last, Dante's Inferno.
A game based off of a poem written in medieval Italy by a poet, Dante, about a fictional (or so we think) journey he took to get a love one.
EA took this poem, and turned it into a game, with 9 levels on 9 sins, each having its own thing.
It looks REALLY good story wise, however i dont think ill be picking it up due to i get mad really easy for hard challenges against big things... like say, the Devil.

Lol, anyways, thats all for today, let me see what you guys think.
peace.

Yay, moar gaming news!

You didn't mention C&C4 which is slated to be released March 16th, with a public beta now in progress.
Reveal Trailer
Offical Site
Open Beta - PC

Also Fable III, which is exclusive to the Xbox 360, slated to come out in Q4 of 2010 has a great preview on IGN.
Fable III Preview
Fable III Debut Trailer

Splinter Cell: Conviction, the new Sam Fisher game, is coming out on April 13, 2010.

Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, an update for DA: Origins is to come out on March 16th

With Mass Effect 2 being a great hit among gamers, it's no surprise EA's CEO John Schappert said something "Far Reaching" will be coming to Mass Effect 2, most likely additional DLC.  Tomorrow, players can download Cerberus Assault Armor and the M-22a Eviscerator Shotgun from the Cerberus network on Xbox 360 and PC.
Speaking of ME2, Mass Effect 3 has been announced as a project in the works by EA.  It hasn't been announced which platforms it will be on.
Mass Effect 3 Info
Still on the topic of Mass Effect, there has been talk of a movie adaption of the Mass Effect storyline:
Mass Effect Movie?

Supreme Commander 2, the sequel to the first SC game is slated for a March 2, 2010 release. 

Just Cause 2 and Lost Planet 2 are also slated to come out March 23, 2010 (JC2) and May 18, 2010(LP2)
Just Cause 2 - DLC Video

With Bad Company 2 and Assassin's Creed II both coming out in March, it's looking that March is a month filled with great releases for PC gamers. 

Dante's Inferno also looks to be quite a good Hack'n'Slash game, something I look forward to playing.

Quote from: Commander on February 12, 2010, 06:16:54 PM
Yay, moar gaming news!

Reveal Trailer
Offical Site
Open Beta - PC

Fable III Preview
Fable III Debut Trailer

Mass Effect 3 Info
Mass Effect Movie?

Just Cause 2 - DLC Video

HIJACKING MY THREAD EH?
good job looking at ign for news, this is stuff ive seen, not got from ign ;)

Actually I was trying to help as you had missed a lot of content that is coming out soon. :)