Disk-less Install

Started by Are§, September 09, 2012, 08:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 09, 2012, 08:11:06 PM Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 09:27:17 AM by Regent
this download is a .reg file that will trick your computer into thinking that swbf is installed on ur computer (as long as you already have or transferred your lucasarts folder on that computer). For example, this worked great for when i wanted to put swbf on my laptop, which has no disk drive. Simply compress your lucasarts folder, put on a flash drive, place into the new computers program files folder, and then run this .reg file. and obviously you will need a disk-less launcher, so i included that in the zip file as well if you dont already have it.

*you may have to enter the cdkey into the the new computer to play online, that's what i had to do, but the same one works for both computers for me as well, so no big deal.. as long as u still have your game manual
*credit to Bamdur for creating the .reg file

Hope this makes anyone who needs it happy!

I didn't make that reg file, Bamdur did so credit him.

I never had to use this? I just use my flash drive as my game the whole time.
H:/SWBF/battlefront.exe
the /swbf/ folder is just GAMEDATA renamed, all you need to run the game is that folder. (alot less space needed)

Well tbh this reg file isn't primarily intended for a disk-less install, as there are other ways to achieve this. It is mostly used as a fix for ZeroEditor saying SWBF must be installed before you can start editing maps.

So can you play battle front disc less to or no. :shrug:
I'm not multi-clanning I just have lots of affiliates.

This will be very useful incase my parents break or take away my disc
;) , since they don't know how to unistall :tu: ...karma will prolly get me :(